Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: AQ three bet pf, hit tp

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this line. If we do get 3bet, we are likely behind, but probably can't fold, so we put in 2 extra bets to see show down. If he has QQ or KK, he may fold to our turn check raise, so we only gain 1 bb.
If we donk the river, he will be hard pressed to raise us w/ AK, so we save a bb when we are behind, and he will likely be confused by our donk and call, so we gain an extra bb when ahead, b/c he can't check thru.
I think this is a very easy wa/wb here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking a look over at the hand again, I see where you're coming from and it is probably the better line to take. The only reason I encourage c/r the turn is to push out the flush draw, or if it hits the turn you can fold your hand cheaply. But seeing as it is HU pretty much on the flop, and we're ruling out any possible flush draw hands that villain would 3-bet the PF with, I agree with you.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay am I the ONLY one who can't see hand 2??? It's cut off on the PF action for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP was only asking about the preflop action, so he cut it off.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 PM

I think you should bet or check/raise this flop. IF I am way behind I would rahter get the message in small bets than in large ones. Also, you have a great hand. Top pair good kicker with backdoor straight and flush draws. Shouldn't that sort of thing be pushed? My vote is bet flop, slow down if raised.

-oh, yeah, dump hand 2..