Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 06:59 AM

Default 2-4 NL made trips.How get maximum?

I'm on the cutoff w AhQh.All fold to me.I raise 12, button call, blinds fold. Flop Ac, Ad, Jh. I bet 16, button raise to 32, I call- pot $94.Turn 9c. I check, button bet 40, I raise to 100, he calls- pot $294. River 2s.What is my move? I have $216 left and button have $241.

Playing at the table not long- ebout orbit or too.Can say nothing about opponent.Any thoughts?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: 2-4 NL made trips.How get maximum?

I'll bite.

Boy, it would sure be nice to know if he'd reraise with AK preflop. I think that is his only probable holding that you lose to. Since there are a many more hands he could have that you beat, I'd push. You might even push him off of AQ.

Of course, he could just be a tricky player who flopped big with AJ. In this case, you're pretty much screwed. It's gonna be hard to check/fold this hand.

Tough spot with zero read.

Marlow
Old 08-01-2005, 12:35 PM

reraise the flop, lead 3 bet the turn, all in on the river, any of these ways... your opponent is screaming I HAVE AN ACE!!!!

why did'nt you just make it like 70 on the flop
why did you raise so little on the turn, if you're going to c/r fire a bullet there
Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 PM

I would bet half pot on river, that way even a super weak ace goes, screw it, I call. Push is too hard, really weak aces fold, Axs, you want to get paid on river, 3 bet screams you have good ace, 3 bet flop vs. poor opponet, do the line you just did against a fair to above average opponet
Old 08-02-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet half pot on river, that way even a super weak ace goes, screw it, I call. Push is too hard, really weak aces fold, Axs, you want to get paid on river, 3 bet screams you have good ace, 3 bet flop vs. poor opponet, do the line you just did against a fair to above average opponet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this way now too. But during the play I thought that weak ace will call pot-sized push because he calls turn reraise. In actual hand my opponent use all the time and fold saying that he folding a10. during the game I really thought that for him if he has a10 it will be mandatory call on the river. Thank you for all the answers and help