Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:34 PM

Default farnsworth to the yanks?

anyone think that hoffman might've been worth pursuing? or would hoffman only close?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: farnsworth to the yanks?

One would think Hoffman would only close, he's getting up near enough to the all-time record to be thinking about it. He's the cat's meow in San Diego, he's be just another guy in New York. Plus his brother has left the Dodgers to join the Padres.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:28 PM

farnsworth and his agent are telling the braves hes coming to the yankees. deal is 4 mil a year ish. no specific length, it hasnt been announced by ny yet.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 PM

Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 PM

i think it's a good signing if it goes through, but i think that a lot will depend on guidry's perfomance as a pitching coach.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 PM

for all the yankee fans who dont like this pickup, what exactly is the downside? is everyone saying this is a bad deal because he did really well in ATL and they think that means he will suck in NY? first off hes a young pitcher, hes 29 now and a lot of his bad years were when he was 25 or so. he has done well outside of ATL also, and even if he isnt as spectacular he can still definitely help. second his contract is not big, and i dont see how adding him could be a bad thing. not adding another reliever is way worse than making this deal. i dont get it, i cant be the only one who thinks this way.

as for everyone talking about how the yankees havent done anything yet, stop panicking. the idea that they are going to be a failure because they havent spent 734324 million dollars or traded half the team. im not unhappy, just because they havent found 3 perfect players and reeled them all in doesnt mean they are [censored] up or the next season is doomed. really pessimistic fans who are always criticizing the team if they dont do perfect (there are so many in yankeeland) really piss me off. im not unhappy with the offseason and i like the farnsworth move. im not under the illusion that farnsworth will be godlike, but im happy we got him.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:53 PM

I would have to think signing any live arm for that bullpen would be a good thing. What does it matter anyways, RP's are overrated anyways.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not unhappy with the offseason and i like the farnsworth move. im not under the illusion that farnsworth will be godlike, but im happy we got him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not unhappy with the offseason either. Its a tough situation, because we have some obvious needs and there don't seem to be obvious players available who fit the bill. I'm glad we're not overpaying for guys and trying to make them fit our needs. I'd just be happier if we could swing some sort of Beckett type deal to get a player who could really help the team.

The thing about the Farnsworth deal is that he's essentially replacing Flash, and I don't think he's as good as Flash. So, yes, we didn't overpay. But I don't think it makes the team any better either.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing about the Farnsworth deal is that he's essentially replacing Flash, and I don't think he's as good as Flash. So, yes, we didn't overpay. But I don't think it makes the team any better either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flash is on the decline. Farnsworth's upside is not as high as Flash used to be, but he should be coming into his prime.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:57 AM

the only question is how will he handle the pressure of pitching in NY? Outside of the closers, he is the best reliever available. When you factor in the deals Eyre and Howry got, Farnsworth is a steal at $4 mil per. I think morel likely, Farnsworth will be slightly overpaid and the others will be WAY overpaid.