Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: I Know 2+2 Wants To Kill Me For This......

hey just want to point out that what you posted is not really an argument for playing. You should say if you think hero's implied odds vs. those ranges are positive or negative, and to what degree. Only then can we get an answer.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
29.9 % { 88+, ATs+, KTs+, AJo+, KQo }
36.9 % { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }
33.1 % { AKo }
</pre><hr />

cap that [censored].

edit: i don't really think what you did is a mistake, but i don't think capping is either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed .1% equity! For shame!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 PM

You're joking me.

edit: I honestly can't believe you folded.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey just want to point out that what you posted is not really an argument for playing. You should say if you think hero's implied odds vs. those ranges are positive or negative, and to what degree. Only then can we get an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. i think our implied odds are negative, and i don't know how much. however, there are a few arguments on the other side: there is the tiny amount of dead money in the pot from the BB, and since we're folding in the SB, folding is -0.25BB, not 0. (well, not really, but we're getting a 0.25BB discount on the cap.)

there is also the chance that BB will get involved with some hopeless hand, which while rare, would be nice.

i don't know how to weight these factors, so i can't come up with an answer, though!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're joking me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am.

But I would cap it anyways. There is a chance that one of them is getting stupid with a hand outside the range, not to mention your discount in the SB and the extra dead money in the BB.

The main factor is how well you think you play versus the two TAG's postflop because preflop is meh in this case.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:51 PM

hmm I think our implied odds are postive. If we flop an ace or king we should be pretty money, especially with the Ace since someone often has a lower ace. If we don't hit we're gonna have some negative implied odds because we're gonna put bets in on flop and sometimes turn. But I think the bets we make when we hit and get paid off by worse hands outweight this, so I vote positive implied odds.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
29.9 % { 88+, ATs+, KTs+, AJo+, KQo }
36.9 % { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }
33.1 % { AKo }
</pre><hr />

cap that [censored].

edit: i don't really think what you did is a mistake, but i don't think capping is either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Waffle,

I'm pretty sure you can't run stove with a 12% range and a 16% range. The UTG 12 PFR isn't a 12 when raising UTG and the 16 PFR isn't a 16 when 3-betting that guy who isn't a 12 . Our equity is much lower than you show.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Waffle,

I'm pretty sure you can't run stove with a 12% range and a 16% range. The UTG 12 PFR isn't a 12 when raising UTG and the 16 PFR isn't a 16 when 3-betting that guy who isn't a 12 . Our equity is much lower than you show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that's not what I did. I attempted to make a best estimation of a 12 pfr's utg raising range and a best estimation of a 16 pfr's 3 betting range. Thanks for explaining the PFR term though.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:10 PM

I like the fold as well, but I don't think capping would be that bad. UTG will sometimes find a fold when it's 2 bets back to him.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Waffle,

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that's not what I did. I attempted to make a best estimation of a 12 pfr's utg raising range and a best estimation of a 16 pfr's 3 betting range. Thanks for explaining the PFR term though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apologies, Waffle. I looked at the pocket pairs and thought you didn't discount much. I estimate the 12 to be about a 5 PFR when UTG, something like TT+, AJs+, AQo+, KQs.

Looks like there's also a bug in stove. If you manually enter a PFR of 3%, you will see it add in all the middle pairs but no AK or AQ hands.