Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 10:20 PM

Default dubious play

No reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 12-21-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: dubious play

I don't mind it that much because Button / MP may go on to cap this street. If you were closing the action I think it would suck a lot considering the implied odds we get when we hit the Jack. MP is playing somewhat like TJ however, so if we hit one of those 3 outs, we get paid.

True
Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 AM

I don't like every street. CO posting is [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] IMO but whatever. I'd call the flop. I'm not folding the turn either you're J outs are to the nuts and only out of you're opponents could realistically have JT.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:34 AM

There's no point raising this flop. Having the second villain pad this works favorably for our straight outs, and we probably don't have the best hand or any fold equity. Just peel.

I think the turn would be alittle more intersting in a slightly smaller pot.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:41 AM

if you're going to post in the CO, you have to be willing to 3-bet hands like this.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:42 AM

When people play aggressively preflop from CO (i.e. open raising nearly any hand), posting from there is not that bad.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 AM

I don't like the post. I'd be inclined to 3-bet preflop. Folding the turn is pretty bad.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 AM

i agree that it's better than playing passively after posting, but i still wouldn't do it because any decent player will suspect you're raising light.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:41 PM

The general consensus is the fold was a bad move. Maybe someone can help me figure out why. I have 3 clean outs, the jack of diamonds, and 4 6s. So say about 6 outs total, which is generous. That's 6.7:1 against hitting an out on the river. The pot's giving around 5.5:1. Does implied odds tip the decision that far?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The general consensus is the fold was a bad move. Maybe someone can help me figure out why. I have 3 clean outs, the jack of diamonds, and 4 6s. So say about 6 outs total, which is generous. That's 6.7:1 against hitting an out on the river. The pot's giving around 5.5:1. Does implied odds tip the decision that far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with folding, may get capped so then its only 2.75:1. The implied odds can make up for it, because when you hit that straight you are making the top straight and will get lots of bets from straights you beat.