Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Eagles ending my parlay

I have a 6 game parlay that'll pay out 1100 (it'll increase my roll by about 25%) on the Eagles to win tonight. Do you think I should make an offsetting bet, if so how much?

any advice would be greatly appreciated. My bet is 76/1105, and I got the eagles at +135 if that helps.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Eagles ending my parlay

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 6 game parlay that'll pay out 1100 (it'll increase my roll by about 25%) on the Eagles to win tonight. Do you think I should make an offsetting bet, if so how much?

any advice would be greatly appreciated. My bet is 76/1105, and I got the eagles at +135 if that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a question only you can answer. The highest EV move is to stick with the parlay.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:18 PM

Unfortunately, the line has really moved against you.

Find the best line you can, and lay about 400 (to win ~250) on the Skins money line. Then you'd have something like: Eagles win (+525), Skins win (+175). Adjust the numbers as you like, but I'd hedge a least some of it.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:36 PM

I hit a 5 gamer today, and like you it came down to one game, SEA -4 for me. I decided to hedge about 200 of the 1000 parlay win so i made sure i made something. After the game was over it kinda takes the shine off the big win but i also knew it was a safe play as a +800 or +200 swing would both be pretty big for me as i only have a low 4 figure roll. Basically depends how much you want to gamble, personally i think the eagles are in a lot of trouble tonight for a number of reasons (even tho most people on this board seem to think the eagles are the anti-bsp pick etc).

Basically imo injured mcnabb+no to+no running game vs a pretty good redskins defense (typically that is) playing a national tv game after getting totally embarrased last week seems like potential for trouble for the eagles. Honestly i think the game could go either way, but i think the Eagles have a lot of things working against them and have not played well lately at all.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:38 PM

thanks for the responses, i left it alone. I'm not feeling too comfortable now, but I can't really worry about it as I have a 6 page paper due in 2 hrs.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] c'mon d00ds, make me rich
Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 AM

I think i shoulda made a better title... this one jinxed them from the start