Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 07:01 PM

Default McDonald\'s Monopoly Pieces

Anyone know which pieces are rarest by any chance? I'm one off for the Viper, the Buena Vista acting experience, and the $1mill.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: McDonald\'s Monopoly Pieces

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know which pieces are rarest by any chance? I'm one off for the Viper, the Buena Vista acting experience, and the $1mill.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones you don't have yet.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:33 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know which pieces are rarest by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ] The ones you don't have yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fluff is right.

If you look on the Monopoly board/sheet (I think on the back), you'll see the number of winners there will be for each prize (for example: one winner for the million bucks). Well, how do they control the number of winners for each prize? If you need five game pieces to win the million bucks (let's call them a, b, c, d, & e). McDonald's gives out a few billion a's, b's, c's, & d's and gives out only one e game piece. How else could they possibly control the number of winners? So like Fluff pointed out, EVERYBODY needs the same game piece for completion.

I've heard your best chances of getting the main missing piece for each of the better prizes is to send away for a free game piece to the address McDonalds provides (send in multiple requests). This makes a lot of sense since so many pieces are tossed out by those who aren't interested in collecting them. Somebody who sends away for a game piece is obviously interested in the game. McDonalds wants somebody to win, especially the biggest prize, so they can advertise that winner's name (and possibly their face) as proof that "YOU TOO" can win.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM

Guys, clearly it is apparent to the OP that there is one rare game piece for each major prize, and that he is very unlikely to have it. We all know that it is statistically highly likely that the pieces he is missing include the rare pieces.

However, he wants to know if he has already gotten lucky. If you tell him that Ventnor is the hard piece to find, and he has it, then he already hit the jackpot, so to speak. And he'll go back and buy a bunch of large fries until he gets the common piece he is still missing.

So, if anybody knows where there is a list of the rare pieces, speak up. If nobody knows, then fine, let the thread die.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-15-2005, 12:37 PM

The rare one (except for the million, broadway is the rare one) is the last one alphabetically for each set.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rare one (except for the million, broadway is the rare one) is the last one alphabetically for each set.

[/ QUOTE ]

broadway?

Don't you mean Boardwalk? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, if anybody knows where there is a list of the rare pieces, speak up. If nobody knows, then fine, let the thread die.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to regulate in OOT much more often
Old 10-15-2005, 02:12 PM

Awesome.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But can't we at least speculate on the potential EV for that "Super Size Me" guy if he had waited until Monopoly time to do his experiment? :P

To OP: Google is your friend, and your friend says this.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:27 PM

I don't know anything about these monopoly game pieces from McDonald's, but look at how quickly scammers/opportunists come out to play.

So, I eBayed for the Boardwalk pieces ($1MM rare piece). And there are many sellers. But, all of them say something like:

Note: This is just a cut-out from the gameboard that anyone can get at McDonalds. This is NOT an actual game piece that sticks to the board. It is absolutely worthless. I will NOT be held responsible for anybody's assumptions. If you have not received an email from me within 48 hours of auction close, please contact me at [insert e-mail address here] with your eBay auction number and email address associated with this winning bid. Before sending the message, please check your bulk email folder, as a spam filter might have prevented it from reaching your primary email inbox.

Seriously, eBay should put an end to a few of these types of auctions. Ya, ya... everyone should read the fine print. But, it's so blatantly misleading.

-RMJ