Old 12-15-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Internet Series of Poker

oooo!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 PM

A few details on this:
This is a project founded and developed by Granny and myself. Once we had the concept, we approached the powers here at 2+2 in hopes of developing this event with 2+2 as the headquarters. Next thing I knew, Granny was having a private meeting with Mason. After a minute and a half, she walked out of the conference room, spit something in an ashtray, hitched up her nightgown straps and gave me a big thumbs-up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Our goal was to create an Internet version of the WPT. We are in the final stages of development, and are happy to report that while there still are finishing touches to be applied, and contracts to be signed, we have gathered enough sites together and are shooting for a January launch for the inaugural season. The season will last 1 year, and will feature 11 different sites hosting a total of 12 events. One site will do double duty, and besides hosting a normal ISOP event, will also host the final.

The 11 regular events will have a $1,000+X buy-in (I'm assuming X = $50, but this could change) and should have some $1million+ prize pools. The final will have a $5,000+X buy-in (X = $250?) and, in terms of prize money, should blow the doors off anything the Internet has ever seen.

We've designed a couple satellite programs that should allow people of all bankroll levels to compete in this. What this means, is that players who win their way in for $5, $10, or $20, will not be facing a lineup typical to a large buy-in tournament. True, there will be some big name direct buy-ins, but there will also be a ton of other people from your stake level (and remember, this includes numerous fish from the site itself, this is not a 2+2 exclusive event.)

It is our hope that everyone will win in this. The sites get some great exposure, the fish across the net get to play in a really exciting event (keeping them coming back for more), the grinders here at 2+2 get to play in a big, +EV, tournament for a minimal outlay (i.e. whatever buy-in tournament they're normally used to playing), and the "Names" of poker get another big buy-in event to play in.

Other variables such as which sites will be involved, specific dates etc will be released just as soon as all the issues have been finalized. We are happy to answer any general questions and would love to hear any and all feedback, but we won't be able to provide too much by way of specifics until all the parties are on the dotted line.

Questions should be directed to Granny or myself. David, Mason, Ray and Mat will be supporting us through discussion in the forum and participation in events where schedules allow. Chuck has been an amazing help to us in developing the concept and will continue to aid us in the technical magic needed to pull this off.

However, they won't be tending to operational details so try not to bug them on ISOP issues. When the forum is operational and the series has launched, there will be a distinct chain of contact available for anyone with questions or problems. In the meantime, please direct flames and sexual requests towards Granny and positive reinforcement toward myself.

Let’s see if we can make some millionaires out of 2+2ers.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 PM

A truly wonderful idea. I look forward to the upcoming information.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:59 PM

Great work Jek,and Granny,and all others involved.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 PM

spit something in an ashtray

chewing gum, i swear.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let’s see if we can make some millionaires out of 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up for that, even if my name is only on the "made 100,000" list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 PM

doesnt stars already do this to some extent?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:31 PM

Could you please give a little info on which sites your going to be doing this with? The thing off the top of my head that kind of throws me off is, what are people supposed to do about party skins? If your going with more then one party site, then your techniclly only supposed to have an account at one of these not all of them. Is there something you have worked out to make this possible.(BTW I know most people all ready have accounts on both sites, but some people don't).
Old 12-15-2004, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you please give a little info on which sites your going to be doing this with? The thing off the top of my head that kind of throws me off is, what are people supposed to do about party skins? If your going with more then one party site, then your techniclly only supposed to have an account at one of these not all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until we get everyone signing on the dotted line, we won't be able to release the site's names. However, do note that since we're only travelling to 11 sites, that we can easily fill our roster w/out including multiple sites from Party & Friends. No matter what though, we'll certainly have the way paved so you can sign-up w/out any hitches at the sites.