Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Thin Value Bet?: NL $400

I doubt you can make much here, I'd bet $60 again and hope to get someone to look you up with a pretty weak hand. If you do happen to get cr'ed (unlikely) I'd lay it down.

JKratzer
Old 12-05-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say about this hand with much certainty is that BB's flop play is damn weird. Bet 40% pot and then just call that monstrous raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed his check-raise on the turn, put Villain on flush draw via the free card and is hoping he'll desperately bet big on river with air?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:03 AM

yea, i misread and had the pot at 32 for whatever reason. My bad. Either way, you still overbet your draws?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either way, you still overbet your draws?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not always.

I also do it with big hands/bluffs, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 AM

Maybe this is weak but given two reasonably tight players called an overbet on the flop I check behind here and cherish the cheap showdown. Best case worse hands fold and you don't have to show what you overbet the flop with (most of the time). Maybe TPTK or something out there but I'd be nervous.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 AM

I don't think he gets called here either. I also don't mind not showing a hand if I'm playing LAG.

I see LAG's get paid off all the time when the have a strange 2 pair. If Jim was playing TAG or it was me here, a check is in order. As played, I think a bet near pot looks like a busted flush. 2+2 likely folds but maybe the other guy calls.

Doesn't a set or any other good hand get busy on the flop or turn with the draw there.

I'd say they're calling a LAG on the flop with a little something but checking means they've likely got squat.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I can say about this hand with much certainty is that BB's flop play is damn weird. Bet 40% pot and then just call that monstrous raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed his check-raise on the turn, put Villain on flush draw via the free card and is hoping he'll desperately bet big on river with air?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first thing that occured to me, but can he really count on our Hero to bluff into two players on the end after they both called that huge flop raise?

But the fact that they may put him on a flush draw is one of the main reasons I'd really like to bet this river... but first you have to be sure your hand is good.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:33 AM

Yeah, it's definitely a weird spot. I still think I check, even with the possibility of them putting Hero on a busted flush draw.. what calls their flop raise that we still beat? Another flush draw? Well, obviously that's not calling. I'd rather showdown a winner here than fold out the losers and keep in a higher winner. I want to see what they called with.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:56 AM

Some good discussion so far.

Here's my thought process:

Flop: BB could be leading with a large hand range here. He has been making these small value bets on many streets, and getting called down by weak hands, primarily by CO and SB. MP could have a large range here, also. Anything from a draw to a K to a set.

I make the big raise, expecting to take it down nearly every time. This is the first time I had used an overbet in this session.

BB flat calls, which confuses me a lot. I put him on a ridiculously huge range which goes from TPGK -> Set -> Good Draw (Probably 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] if he's on a draw)

Then MP calls. I put him on a draw.

Turn: After it gets checked here, their ranges are both still pretty much the same, as BB is likely to go for a CR here. Free card look pretty good.

River: Checked AGAIN... At this point, the only hands that I can see myself ahead of from either villian are AK and KT. Just about every other hand that I could think of improved more than I did, or won't pay off a river bet.

However... they DID check the river... neither one of these villians were particularly check/raise happy, and I have never seen them do it as a bluff, so I figured I could safely fold to a raise.

I bet $200...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 AM

I think you should bet 100$