Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:30 AM

Default should Maulik expect TPTK to be good here?

PAHUD:

Villain: 32vpip/4.0pfr

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Maulik (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($197.96)
Button ($113.40)
SB ($41.65)
Maulik ($99.20)
UTG ($86)

Preflop: Maulik is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Maulik raises to $5</font>, Button calls $4, SB folds.

Flop: ($14) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Maulik bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, Maulik calls $10.

Turn: ($54) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Maulik checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, Maulik calls $15.

River: ($84) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Maulik checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20</font>, Maulik calls $20.

Final Pot: $124
Old 12-03-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: should Maulik expect TPTK to be good here?

Malachii thinks that this hand plays a lot easier if Maulik bets the turn and folds to a raise.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:41 AM

Malachii doesn't want a worse hand to bet on a relatively dry board, heads up?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:43 AM

By leading the turn, you find out where you're at in the hand. Most aces will just call the turn and you can value bet the river. Most sets will raise the turn, and you can safely fold.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:03 AM

Preflop sucks. The rest is fine. It looks like he's value betting a worse hand for you, and it's tempting to get greedy and shove the rest in at the end, but without a read that he'll go broke with less than TPTK it's probably not worth the risk. If your hand happens to be no good then thank him for letting you showdown somewhat cheaply without having to make any tough decisions.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop sucks. The rest is fine. It looks like he's value betting a worse hand for you, and it's tempting to get greedy and shove the rest in at the end, but without a read that he'll go broke with less than TPTK it's probably not worth the risk. If your hand happens to be no good then thank him for letting you showdown somewhat cheaply without having to make any tough decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Soah here, I don't like the raise preflop although you did get it HU and its 6 max. OOP sucks and the minraise taking away the initiative on the hand is how these things go. IMO the min raise plus "value" bet on the end indicate YHIG. (Edit - Just like this hand here!) Especially at 6 max. Any reads...seen any showdowns from this guy. This helps a lot.

I'd expect a junkie two pair from a bad player to minraise and push on the end when there's no apparent draw that hit.

I'm happy with TPTK in this pot and ready to make a note on villian. Since you posted, I'm guessing this guy showed you something strange like A4o??
Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this because you don't like the raise OOP? I actually like raising here but if you're gonna do it make it $10 to go.

On the turn, the pot is gonna be about your stack size after his bet. I check-raise all-in.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this because you don't like the raise OOP? I actually like raising here but if you're gonna do it make it $10 to go.

On the turn, the pot is gonna be about your stack size after his bet. I check-raise all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make it 8-10 prefloop too.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:05 PM

Were you planning on calling a river push?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:15 PM

What about something like KQ clubs?