Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Default What\'s your move here?

party 30+3

I had just doubled up from an all in. The table was fairly aggressive, and slow. So I figured I need to maximize spots cuz I'm not going to get many of them, especially with the table playing slow (like one hand every 2 minutes) and blinds would go up relativly fast.

I called PF b/c I knew I'd probably get 5 cards, and the pot would probably be a monster. Even though I'm a small stack, I'm still playing for the big money. Anyway, what's your move on that flop?

Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 3: dogling ( $3261 )
Seat 6: jensyn27 ( $670 )
Seat 7: tilt_control ( $3810 )
Seat 8: mastrblastr ( $7645 )
Seat 10: murphopolis ( $23021 )
Seat 2: tkwcowtown ( $14729 )
Seat 4: Verdell ( $5788 )
Seat 9: tbonelangdog ( $8074 )
Seat 1: cavanaugh ( $2679 )

Blinds (200/400)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to dogling [ 4h Ah ]
jensyn27 is all-In [670]
tilt_control folds.
mastrblastr folds.
tbonelangdog folds.
murphopolis calls [670].
cavanaugh folds.
tkwcowtown calls [670].
dogling calls [470].
Verdell: guess i should call
Verdell calls [270].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Td, 5d ]
Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: What\'s your move here?

When I get involved here, I wanna see heeaaaarts. I'd try to check check and see runner runner 4s. Not gonna happen.

Unless these guys are insanely passive this hand is getting mucked in a hurry. I'd rather fold top pair to a bluff than go down with this oogly hand...

other opinions?
Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 AM

You had 8x the BB going into this hand, I would have pushed pre-flop given the size of the pot if you were going to play this hand and the fact you may make some of the earlier callers fold, as you didn't you have to push on that flop and hope no-one had an ace or a flush!

Personally I would have folded pre flop and waited for a better spot where I'm first into the pot.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:50 AM

You have top pair, you have 6.5x the BB left (2600 chips) if you fold here, and have a pot already of 3350 giving you great odds. Folding on the flop when you hit top pair is way too weak given your stack size.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 AM

Sorry, didn't notice the blind size. Fold preflop. But having just called preflop, I still think I'd fold to resistance, and pray for a run of cards. This hand just isn't going to hold up here without a miracle. I think the lesser miracle would be to double up twice later before the blinds kill us.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, didn't notice the blind size. Fold preflop. But having just called preflop, I still think I'd fold to resistance, and pray for a run of cards. This hand just isn't going to hold up here without a miracle. I think the lesser miracle would be to double up twice later before the blinds kill us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 6.13 to 1 on my call, I really didn't want to fold PF, especially since I knew that I was probably going to be allowed to draw to my flush if one came b/c I felt like this table was smart enough to check it down and try to knock out the all in shorty. Usually I'm the type that still plays really tight at this point in a tourney, but I felt like I couldn't pass this up. Like I said, this table was playing really slow, and aggressive so I wasn't going to get a chance to steal.

I don't think I've gotten consistant answers on what people would do postflop. I'm basically asking if an all in is appropriate on the flop. I think I could see arguments for basically any action on this hand.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You had 8x the BB going into this hand, I would have pushed pre-flop given the size of the pot if you were going to play this hand and the fact you may make some of the earlier callers fold, as you didn't you have to push on that flop and hope no-one had an ace or a flush!

Personally I would have folded pre flop and waited for a better spot where I'm first into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my table read was that at least one other person would call, the big stacks had played fairly aggressivly. So I don't think all in PF is an option. I was also hoping to maximize if I did hit a hand, if everyone folds I lose all my implied odds, which I was hoping to keep.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:32 AM

Your M is low, but advantage of the all-in is that there's a good chance you'll be able to take it down without seeing the flop. With one player already all-in, that makes this move too aggressive. However, the pot odds won't allow you to fold. Check the PF, hope for a couple of hearts, or an ace and a couple of rags.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 AM

All-in with 5 people still in the hand and 3 diamonds on the board? You have to pick a moment, but I don't this is it.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:08 PM

Simple...you check and if they bet you fold. Most players want to move up in the money and its considered wrong to bluff at a pot with nothing if another player is all-in. If they bet, they probably have the flush. However with so many people in the pot you know there has to be a q 10s may be diamonds out there. You probably have lost this hand but you could still win it b/c players usually don't want to push others out of an all-in pot with nothing so they may not have the diamonds. However pushing here will upset many of the other players with diamond draws and if you lose it will be open season on you.