Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Help -- Am I trapped?

No-limit $100 from PP. I have ~100 hands on villain at 27/4, and seems solid.

SB has $170.
BB has $50.
Villain is UTG and has $160.
UTG+1 has $108.
UTG+2 has $120.
MP1 has $104.
Hero is MP2 with $290.
LP1 has $34.
LP2 has $50.
Button has $118.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: Villain raises to $4, folds to Hero, Hero raises to $12, folds to Villain, Villain calls.

Flop (board: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

Villain checks. Hero bets $15. Villain calls.

Turn (8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

Villain checks. Hero bets $50. Villain raises all-in for total of $133. $83 more to call. How strongly do I need to consider that I might be trapped? How quickly should I call? Or should I not call? I'm getting roughly 3-1 on my money, and yet I instantly felt that sensation of dread.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Help -- Am I trapped?

If he has you beat, you've got at least 3 outs. 7 if he has QQ, 6 if he has A8. I call here every time without much delay. Seems like you're ahead or tied frequently enough to make it a mindless call.

But i might suck, im not sure.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Help -- Am I trapped?

This is quite a tough situation indeed, but I'd say the possibility of villain having AJ or another AK makes it pretty tough to fold here... but i don't much like having to call either.

One thing to think about is checking behind on the turn. Pretty safe to assume that villain doesnt have a flush or straight draw, as he'd have to have KJ or KQ, and doubtful he'd raise those UTG with his numbers as a solid player.

So basically, what hands are you ahead of that pay you off? maybe AJ, but not much else. However, you might get a bet paid off by KK/JJ on the river if you check behind on the turn.