Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

Well, then why ban bots? It would be rake heaven!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:49 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because the multitabling TAGs would go play on Poker Stars
Old 06-21-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I refuse to play online poker as long as there are programs that store every single hand I have ever played and use it against me to clean me out, and as long as the poker sites allow and even encourage such programs. It is literally like playing against Big Brother. Poker is entertainment for me and I at least want a chance to win once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but this is just making you sound like a HUGE wanker.

If you had any idea what you are talking about, you would know that if you ACTUALLY BECAME A GOOD PLAYER these people wouldn't have any advantage over you at all.

By the big brother comment, you make it sound like you are GUARANTEED to lose no matter what against ppl who use this software. You are soooooo wrong. You sucking at poker is what makes it a guarantee.

And I can hear your whining retorts from a mile away, so just so you know, I pulled 1,000 bb out of mid-micro limits in the span of less than 3 months without owning/using pt/gt+ or any other assistance program.

You want "entertainment?" Pay for it. You want to make money? Learn the game.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:59 PM

I don't think Party would ban the use of PT. Party assisted in the development of PT, if memory serves me correctly.

As far as PV, I don't know. Mabye, but I don't think so.

Pokerstove? Likely. I remember quite some time ago something weird happened when I opened the windows calculator program to figure some odds. I don't remember exactly what happened, and it may have been a Prima skin instead of Party.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because the multitabling TAGs would go play on Poker Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are joking.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find PT/Game Time a big hassle, and only use because I know I have to keep up with others who are. If all sites banned all software I'd be perfectly happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The advantage is not in using it to keep up with the small percentage of players who use it. (And I think it still is small when compared to the overall number of players out there). The advantage is in using it against all the players who don't have it (gotta be 90% plus).
Old 06-22-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Party would ban the use of PT. Party assisted in the development of PT, if memory serves me correctly.

As far as PV, I don't know. Mabye, but I don't think so.

Pokerstove? Likely. I remember quite some time ago something weird happened when I opened the windows calculator program to figure some odds. I don't remember exactly what happened, and it may have been a Prima skin instead of Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I asked for a list of what's banned and what's not. So far, no reply.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poster: Pokamastah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm far from a newbie and I agree. The playing field needs to be level. And don't tell me the software is available to everyone because we both know that's bullshit. When it really is available to everyone I'll change my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it's hardly BS. Pokertracker is dirt cheap.

Second, the programs DO level the playing field. I'm a programmer. I could easily write a program that only I would have that tracks stats. Now the power is concentrated in the hands of an even smaller group.

Finally, I don't use the software much during hands as I do just to find tables. Some sites (not party) supply the kind of stats that's most useful (table saw flop type stats). More stats is nice, but I haven't become a better player because I use PokerEdge. I've done better because I'm finding better tables. I'm at the same number of tables I would be anyway.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and your bot posts are just freaking stupid. Bots are not players. Having data to back up choices isn't much different than taking notes and then sharing those.

A bot, even if I write it, is different. Knowing what to do when I have endless time to think about it and codify it is one thing, actually making decisions under pressure is entirely different.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:37 AM

I think party should ban the use of the automated note taking too. It's cheating to take all your observations and make them nice and accessible right on the players!

They also should ban the chat so that no two players can ever compare notes either. That's data gathering.

In fact, you shouldn't even be able to get a hand summary because you could look at it after the fact and unfairly pick up some clues on the player's habits.

Everything you do should be hand scribbled notes on college ruled paper you keep at your computer. #2 pencils only, since we require a level playing field.