Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Get a coach. Be a coach. Coaching exchange thread.

While this was done in very good faith, and is a great idea, unfortunately, I'm not going to allow people to advertise their coaching services for which they charge money here. You may post a request for a coach here, and coaches may PM that person with their rates, etc. However, making a post to advertise your services fall under the same rules as affiliates posting their rakeback offers.

Edited to add: This is why the sticky in MHSH seems to involve a lot of hoops. Josh. wants to make it easy for people to find coaches, but everything must be under the table.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:03 PM

Also, I only want to coach or be coached at 6max. Sorry but full ring sucks.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:07 PM

if anyone wants to watch me play and chat over aim about hands, pm me and i'll pm you where/when i play. i enjoy having people watch me because it makes me play better. i also typically go up and down hundreds of dollars in any session, so i think it is usually a pretty fun time watching me.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if anyone wants to watch me play and chat over aim about hands, pm me and i'll pm you where/when i play. i enjoy having people watch me because it makes me play better. i also typically go up and down hundreds of dollars in any session, so i think it is usually a pretty fun time watching me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto for me.
find my AIM in the AIM thread, or PM me if you want.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto for me.
find my AIM in the AIM thread, or PM me if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto x2 (or x3??)

dunno.

basically if you want to watch complete destruction and domination of party short handed games, lmk.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While this was done in very good faith, and is a great idea, unfortunately, I'm not going to allow people to advertise their coaching services for which they charge money here. You may post a request for a coach here, and coaches may PM that person with their rates, etc. However, making a post to advertise your services fall under the same rules as affiliates posting their rakeback offers.

Edited to add: This is why the sticky in MHSH seems to involve a lot of hoops. Josh. wants to make it easy for people to find coaches, but everything must be under the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am totally in agreement with this. Also, I'd like to say that with the quality of posters in this forum who are willing to do it for free, I see no reason to pay somebody (at the micro level)
Old 12-08-2005, 06:57 PM

I'd like to get in on this. Full ring 0.5/1 party. Either to watch a consistent winner or have someone watch me.

And umm... free-like. Heck, i'm only playing micro-limits. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:08 PM

I'm looking more along the lines of a buddy. If anyone is interested. I currently play .25/.50 - .50/1 full-ring and I play at stars at the moment. I'd like to find someone for a teamwork thing like Jax and Tilt. Obviously not colluding or anything but review a session a week or every other week, sweat eachother at regular times durring the week, and keep eachother on track for other goals/books/ideas about poker stuff. I think this would both improve my game and increase my motivation if I have someone keeping up with where I'm at and where I'm going, and hopefully I would help them improve as well. If anyone would be seriously-interested in this kind of buddying then please hit me on the Pizzle Mizzle (translation PM me). I also think two people watching eachothers play offten like this would be even more helpfull in finding leaks then just looking at a session or sweating one session.

Thomas
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 PM

I can coach a player who considers themselves a beginner and frequently unsure of their play at micro limits.

I would be in need of a coach who is an expert routinely crushing micro-limits (I'd categorize myself as an intermdiate player who tends towards weak-tightie, 18/7, about +2 BB /100 at .5/1 and 1/2).

So anybody matching those criteria and wants me to be their coach or coachie let me know (PM or respond to thread).

Note 1: Free of charge, I won't charge for coaching and don't wanna pay for one either.

Note 2: I play full ring limit only, no short handed (told ya I was weak-tight).

Note 3: I play mostly on Party but have accounts at Stars, UB, and Paradise (I really only like Stars of those 3 though).
Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 PM

I would never coach, even if it isn't for $$$ (and I would never charge). There are a few reasons for it, but they aren't very important for the purpose of this thread (so don't even PM me! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). There is a lot of good stuff getting posted daily, and granted sometimes you have to work to find it, it should bring about nice rewards if you really want to get better. It is free coaching in essence.

I would enjoy watching people from time to time (doesn't matter what the game or limits are) while making general comments. It is too much work to get into every hand, but hands that goto SD (and thus I can see the cards w/o having to worry about 3rd party influence) can certainly be talked about.

Brad