Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 10:21 PM

Default What constitutes a raked hand at Interpoker?

Signed up for the $90 bonus (plus the additional $30 for this weekend), but have had difficulty determining whether my hands will qualify as raked hands. I played about 1,000 hands at .25-.50 pounds and .50-1 pounds.

I know that a raked hand in US funds is 25 cents - which taking the exchange rate into account would indicate that a raked hand would be .14 pounds. However, in searching these forums, I have seen posts indicate that tables in pounds don't count toward the rake, or that the lower limit tables don't count as raked hands, regardless of the size of the pot (neither of which would make much sense to me). However, I haven't seen either of these claims confirmed (nor sufficiently denied).

So does anyone know what really counts towards the rake at Interpoker? Did I just play 1,000 hands that won't count toward my bonus?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: What constitutes a raked hand at Interpoker?

[ QUOTE ]
Did I just play 1,000 hands that won't count toward my bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, my sincere condolences. I couldn't play 1000 hands at a time there if they tripled the bonus.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:54 PM

Which hands count towards clearing my bonus?

Every time you’re involved in a hand on any table (even if you fold before the flop) where a rake of 25c is taken (the equivalent of a $5 pot) the hand will counted towards your bonus.

From Interpoker.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Yes, I know that their site states that it is supposed to be a 25 cent rake off of a five dollar pot. My question is whether they make the necessary currency adjustments from their tables that are in pounds - which would be a .14 rake from a 2.74 pot - and if they properly credit raked hands from lower limit tables. Their site does not make this clear, and I have seen posts indicating that they only credit pots from $1-$2 and up, and that the lower limits don't credit regardless of pot size (again, I have not seen this confirmed).
Old 05-23-2005, 12:28 AM

They rake .25GBP at 5GBP so I would think that this is equivalent to $0.25 at $5. I know their customer service is crummy, but I'm sure they would have an answer (if you could actually get in touch with them).
Old 05-23-2005, 01:39 AM

I played 253 raked hands today(400 overall), according to both Crypto and Pokertracker(150 at $1/$2 stud, the rest at .5/1 Holdem). I e-mailed support to just confirm, and got a fun e-mail back two hours later stating that I had did 22 hands. I e-mailed back asking for immediate clarification as by my own count I'd played 253, and I needed to know before bonus period ended.

No e-mail back within 7 hours. Shitty software, horrible support.........I used to play regularly at Interpoker, but not anymore. Never again.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Signed up for the $90 bonus (plus the additional $30 for this weekend), but have had difficulty determining whether my hands will qualify as raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother with anything besides $1/$2 or up, it will take too long. I cleared the $90 and the $30 there this weekend easily playing $1/$2 6-max. I doubt that I'll ever play a full ring game there again, one table I sat at before I switched to 6-max saw 4 raked hands out of the first 3 times around the ring.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:35 AM

I called Interpoker and asked. I was told that the rake counts when it reaches .25 unit, whether dollar, Euro, or GBP. They routinely make mistakes when counting your raked hands if you call or e-mail them but I think it's because their system won't immediately show the hands that you've just played.

The support person I talked to told me that within a couple of months they will have a way for us to check raked hand counts online. It will probably happen a week after Cryptocounter is updated...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 AM

yup, 6-max is the way to go there. Much much faster and I don't fall asleep like at full ring when 4-tabling. It still took me almost 500 hands to clear the 300 raked.
I tried to liven it up by playing super to almost stupid aggro style. It worked at first but then it even seemed to slow down the game because many players got so scared that they folded often. At least I made a profit of 90$ + bonus (blind stealing and defending like crazy).