Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Default party 10+1s

im a NL stt player but ive been bored recently and i have been playing the 10s a bit. my sample size is small but the players seem absolutely horrible. i have seen people call bets on 7ths street with a pair when the bettor has 3 of a kind showing on more than one occasion.

anyways,my question is this. can i beat the 10s easily with little or no stud background, or am i a complete donkey for suggesting this?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: party 10+1s

I've personally found the ring games to be much more profitable, but I suck at stud tournaments.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 AM

I do nicely in the ring games, but am a total disaster at the MTT's. If you unlock the secret, please pass it on.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:32 AM

STTs at the 10+1 level are really easy. Basically, they don't know how to play stud, and they don't know how to play tournaments. $$$!

But be prepared for ridiculous suckouts. Just so you know. Very streaky.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:48 AM

I somehow missed they had SNGs for Stud because i either played $6s or $22s....I opened one that was 15 hands in to see a player bust and I couldn't figure how someone could bust that quickly until I looked at the HH and saw he'd raised with a pair of kings made on 6th to a player with an Ace door card.....I'm thinking about redepositing just to try these....I'll have to buy some major painkillers/booze first though because donkeys always draw will no doubt push me over the edge...anybody play a ton of these? are hands even playable in the first levels unless solid gold? I can't see anyone folding for raises...

Edit:

OMG...chip leader just called on 5th with

3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and caught runner runner for the straight.....what actually looks playable about this hand? The hold 'em reasoning of "I have KT AND KJ...i have a goot hand!" ?????
Old 06-22-2005, 10:40 AM

The Stud $10+$1's are very very soft. While my sample size is only about 400, my ROI is still ridiculously high. The loss of 2 extra seats(compared to HE or Omaha) is worth it thanks to the players
Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 AM

They are pretty easy, although they are a lot harder during the day then in the evenings. There is also some variance, sometimes things just seem to go wrong even when your playing quite well. I have emailed party asking for $20 Stud SNG's, should be really easy for them to add.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody play a ton of these? are hands even playable in the first levels unless solid gold? I can't see anyone folding for raises...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played about 400 so far. I'm hesitant to move up to the $30's, as the $10's are real nice. I'd love to see them install $20's.

And in the first two levels, it's tough not to play marginal hands when seeing 5 or 6 to the pot, and calling down with nothing. I usually end up playing too many hands early, and losing half my stack.

There will come a time, usually about level 4 but it also depends on the amount of players left(4 or 5 usually), where you will also be able to steal 9 times out of 10. It's a beautiful way to build up your stack.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody play a ton of these? are hands even playable in the first levels unless solid gold? I can't see anyone folding for raises...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played about 400 so far. I'm hesitant to move up to the $30's, as the $10's are real nice. I'd love to see them install $20's.

And in the first two levels, it's tough not to play marginal hands when seeing 5 or 6 to the pot, and calling down with nothing. I usually end up playing too many hands early, and losing half my stack.

There will come a time, usually about level 4 but it also depends on the amount of players left(4 or 5 usually), where you will also be able to steal 9 times out of 10. It's a beautiful way to build up your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This above is all very true. Play like a rock early and play wild late. Read the stealing section in 7csfap a few times and then apply it to the players that are playing like rocks at the end. Don't bother stealing with the loose players, they might call (remember they WANT to believe your stealing) and they will knock themselves out fast playing to loose. Hands that stand up to alot of callers are the hands you want to play early. AAx and live flush draws for example. Pairs go up in value at the end, and you want to be playing them and not the drawing hands. Oh, and if we all email party poker maybe they can then add the $20's, I would think it would be very easy since they already have $20 SNG's for other games. It will also help Party by moving the "better" players up in levels and have the $10 games free from the "sharks".
Old 06-22-2005, 05:48 PM

They are indeed savage....Nothing hurts more than 333 in LAST position on the second hands going 6 way to 5th street. It appeared cracked by at least 3 of the players....back to the pain i go...