Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Best Commercial Yet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he actually says, "I can't get a joker to save my life." Pretty funny.

I like the Milwaukee's Best commercial with the dog, "you's a fluffy little puppy, aren't you. Come here so I can rub your little belly."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, its the one where the guy dabs the grease off his pizza before being crushed by the can.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, the dog one is way better, especially when the guys just go back to the truck engine when their buddy gets hit with a can.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 AM

It is just a shame that the game it is advertising is bloody awful. It's a POKER game on systems that produce absolutely beautiful graphics, and it looks like it's on the PS1 or N64.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:37 AM

yeah, Im in school to make video games, and a while back, for an art class, I did some 3d modeling of a hand of poker.... I was a beginner, on a new program... and mine looked better.

it really looks subpar.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he actually says, "I can't get a joker to save my life." Pretty funny.

I like the Milwaukee's Best commercial with the dog, "you's a fluffy little puppy, aren't you. Come here so I can rub your little belly."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, its the one where the guy dabs the grease off his pizza before being crushed by the can.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite MBL commercial is the guy yakking on his cell phone to his girlfriend. They don't show that one anymore; it seems to have been replaced by the ones mentioned above.

P.S. I'll agree with the sentiments in another thread that Mr. I-played-perfect-poker-for-3-days-boo-hoo-hoo richly deserved an oversized can on the cranium.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 AM

I'll have the roast duck with mango salsa.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked one where that dude shows up with his girlfriend wearing the same outfit and he was like "What?"

The absolute WORST commercials were the ones for Bodog. "Catching an Ace on the river? I didn't know what that meant, either."
Old 10-27-2005, 10:53 AM

I like the new Foxwoods commercials.

In one, there are two people dressed up like fruit standing outside a fruit market, then a van pulls up, 3 frat-guy-looking dudes all wearing orange shirts and khakis jump out, beat the stuffing out of the fruit, then get back in the van and drive off. Then you hear a voice over and text that says "Three of a kind always beats two pair" (a delightful homonym of "pear").

Another shows a bathroom door, then you hear a flushing sound and a king walks out with a newspaper under his arm and the voiceover says "Nothing beats a royal flush".
Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked one where that dude shows up with his girlfriend wearing the same outfit and he was like "What?"

The absolute WORST commercials were the ones for Bodog. "Catching an Ace on the river? I didn't know what that meant, either."

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite one was when the guys where digging the hole in the yard, and the one guy has a bee flying around and starts waving his arm and squeeling.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:47 PM

"I just want to make an omelet."

"Oh, are you kiddding me?!?!?!?"
Old 10-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Come here I'll rub your belly