Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-06-2005, 05:19 AM

Default books for nl cash games

are there any books specifically for nl cash games ...
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: books for nl cash games

Yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Try Pot Limit & No Limit Poker.

I think you would be best served by Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1 even though it's for tournament play.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:38 AM

Yep .. can only agree
Old 12-06-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 03:17 PM

Super System.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Super System.

[/ QUOTE ]

russian bear, you like super system II??? (apparently the supersystem I and II no-limit sections are similar)... i hear some people say it's out of date to today's players who expect some aggressiveness.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on no-limit. i may start playing that more.. i think there are more fish/crazies, bigger pots and greater opportunities for huge competitor errors.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think you would be best served by Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1 even though it's for tournament play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with both suggestions. That said, some people complain about "Pot-Limit and No-Limit Poker" because the book doesn't exclusively deal with holdem. That said, it is the Bible (or at least one of them)

You might also want to try "Mastering No-Limit Hold'em" by Russell Fox. This book deals exclusively with no-limit, fixed buy-in, cash games. I know it's been discussed on this forum, so try a search.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM

NL section in one and two are exactly the same. Maybe one or two new paragraphs. Do I like SSII. Read my posts. It's one of the most important poker books I own. Out of date, no, I don't think so. It's like anything, you have to read it and apply it to YOUR game, not try to play strictly by that book. I mean, you wouldn't anyhow, you always vary your play. If you don't have either, buy SSII because of the other games written about.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL section in one and two are exactly the same. Maybe one or two new paragraphs. Do I like SSII. Read my posts. It's one of the most important poker books I own. Out of date, no, I don't think so. It's like anything, you have to read it and apply it to YOUR game, not try to play strictly by that book. I mean, you wouldn't anyhow, you always vary your play. If you don't have either, buy SSII because of the other games written about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]