Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Chip leader AQs on the bubble facing 2 all ins

33 3-table. 8 Left 5 paid. I'm the chip leader.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t2470)
Hero (t8345)
BB (t6545)
UTG (t1450)
UTG+1 (t3110)
MP1 (t2635)
MP2 (t4185)
CO (t1260)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG raises to 1450 (all-in), UTG+1 raises to 3110 (all-in), <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Chip leader AQs on the bubble facing 2 all ins

No need to tangle here. UTG+1 could be reraising w/AK or TT+. At best you are a coinflip here.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:22 PM

i wouldnt say at best he's a coinflip.. if i was UTG+1 here, i'm pushing AJs+, probably 88+.

not that villain would push the same range i would, but it's definitely possible to still hae the best hand here.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 PM

With the right reads on your opponent, you could potentially make the call.

Same thing happpened to me in a tourney recently with AQs. UTG pushed (only had 4x left), so his range was HUGE...then another smallish stack (9x left) pushed from the button. He was an aggressive player, and he knew that UTG had a huge range, and certainly looked like he wanted to take UTG by himself. I called. UTG had 88, CO had A8s.

I was the big stack at the time, but probably wouldn't have done it if they had me covered.

So depending on their images (although in this case they are both in EP), you might be able to make the call. You're in okay shape if you lose, and it's down to 7 players. If you win, you are absolutely going to destroy everyone with your stack.

Having said that though...if everyone is being really passive and letting you beat them down, then you should probably fold and go back to pounding them while you're the aggressor.