Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Another Ahead of the Curve: HUD

I feel fairly certain that Party will ban HUDs (probably not PokerTracker though) such as PAHud and PV once they resolidify their player base. These stat-tracking programs just serve to break the fish faster and it means that money passes fewer times over the rake. I don't think that the high-volume, suboptimal customers will leave en masse over this issue either. As we have so often heard over the past two days, the TAGs go where the fish are.

Party is extremely market-savvy and this move was made this weekend because it is the best long-term proposition for Party. Party's market-savvy killed Paradise at the onset of the poker boom and Party will continue to thrive with or without us. Yes, we contribute massive amounts of rake. That money that we pay in rake, however, came from the accounts of other players. What is most important to a site like Party is the amount of new money that a player brings in to support the site's ecosystem.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Another Ahead of the Curve: HUD

[ QUOTE ]
I feel fairly certain that Party will ban HUDs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not as certain of this as you are but I would not be surprised.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:49 PM

If they banned the huds, I would immediately move to another online poker room. One of the main reasons I play at party and skins is to be able to use pokertracker and a HUD to easily identify the traits of my opponents.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they banned the huds, I would immediately move to another online poker room. One of the main reasons I play at party and skins is to be able to use pokertracker and a HUD to easily identify the traits of my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could use your argument for not allowing it.

craig
Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 PM

I agree and disagree.

To keep the fish happy I could see Party banning huds, but fish are fish partly because they dont know about things like Huds or PT. Might be a non-issue.

Why would Party let you open 8-10 windows now and then disallow huds? 8 tabling without a hud feels like suicide to me.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:16 PM

I'm not an expert on how HUD works, but doesn't it take data off of the hand history data written to PT from your hard drive? Unless they remove the hand history option, aren't HUD and PT safe?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why would Party let you open 8-10 windows now and then disallow huds? 8 tabling without a hud feels like suicide to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good counterarguement for sure. I do, however, still think you can 8-table fine without a HUD.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:18 PM

There is no reason to think that they will get rid of it anytime soon; or more nothing has been said that they will. But you are right how it works.

craig
Old 10-10-2005, 07:21 PM

Don't the avatars already tell you everything you need to know to read your opponents?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:21 PM

It doesnt matter if they make huds illegal to play with, you can just open up tables on another computer and use the hud data from that comp