Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 08:04 PM

Default [url]www.cheat-at-poker.com[/url]

Supposedly you can be 100% sure of your opponents' hole cards. This guy Ken Chan said if you do not make 25,000/month, you will get a full refund. Anyone actually bought his program? If so, how about a review?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: [url]www.cheat-at-poker.com[/url]

Id say you can be more sure of it being a scam than of your opponents hole cards.

I hope so anyway
Old 07-31-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly you can be 100% sure of your opponents' hole cards. This guy Ken Chan said if you do not make 25,000/month, you will get a full refund. Anyone actually bought his program? If so, how about a review?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) it's a scam
b) if anybody posted a review of this program on this forum, one would hope that the moderators would delete his post and ban him immediately - the game doesn't need a person like that.
c) it's a scam
d) it's impossible for you to see your opponents' hole cards; that data never gets sent to your machine until showdown. So if you want to know what cards your opponent had at showdown, this program could theoretically help you. Me, I'm content with just clicking the hand history link.
e) it's almost certainly a trojan horse program designed to get your username and password (two things which a cheating program would most certainly want to know - how can you cheat if you don't have access to the tables?) and then deposit lots and lots of money into your account, making you rich beyond your wildest dreams. Oh wait, no - they're just going to take all your money and run. Or, if the perpetrator isn't particularly ambitious, he's just going to take your money and perhaps send you a program that doesn't do anything, good or bad (good luck calling his Customer Support Hotline for a refund).
f) You honestly believe that this guy has a program that enables him to make 25,000+ a month cheating at online poker and he's going to let the cat out of the bag and cut off an enormous amount of future income for a measly, what, $100 bucks per download or so?
g) it's a frigging SCAM!

The only reason that otherwise rational people believe that this can happen (even those with some knowledge of computer networking and/or programming, I'm sorry to say) is because they want to believe it. Personally, I thank my lucky stars that no such program is possible, seeing as how it would turn whatever poker sites it worked on into a ghost town within months.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:42 AM

http://mypokerroom.blogspot.com/2005...m-exposed.html
Old 08-01-2005, 08:24 AM

Thanks, that was enlightening. Basically you have to hack/lie/cheat your way to installing a VPN on someone elses computer who plays poker. Voila! you can see their hole cards. Not at all difficult, dangerous or illegal in any way whatsoever.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Party crack down

i know nothing about this. however, i do know that party feels there are several programs that give a player an unfair advantage. they are checking all computers that connect to party, and notifying people to remove said software or their account will be closed. therefore, there is something out there. however, i believe if this worked, they would just keep it to themselves, make a ton of money and not tell anyone.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not at all difficult, dangerous or illegal in any way whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Installing VNC server software on somebody else's computer without their knowledge or consent is most certainly illegal.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:12 PM

I think he was being sarcastic.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he was being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

aaap! I think my detector is broken today.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:15 PM

I hear Ken programs those, too.