Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Trying to de-donk myself

Reading these boards has definitely helped my play. Unfortunately I still find myself making occassional donk moves. Generally this donk behavior consists of calling raises that I shouldn't call. Losing these hands helps re-enforce how stupid it is to do so. However, sometimes I wind up winning a hand with a questionable play, and do not want to continue to make the same stupid play in the future due to positive results. Villian (UTG+1) has been just plain stupid. Raising with A rag in position. Raising with Q rag out of position. Calling huge overbets. I bought in short this game ($40), and basically doubled up off of him. So anyway, my question is how should I play this flop?. What about if the villian had a bit more skill and was more typical of 0.50/1.00?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 ($52.50)
MP3 ($102.40)
CO ($72.35)
Button ($23.85)
SB ($39)
BB ($59.20)
Hero ($90.95)
UTG+1 ($39.15)
MP1 ($47)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>