Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: This line probably sucks, but I hate leading and folding to a rais

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure, but Id be pretty suprised if I am not. I understand the 27o concept, so yea I guess it is a "bluff"...but if I think my hand is good here enough to continue I am just supposed to check-call?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I fold this hand here. You're simply not going to win a big pot here, and 1/2 the deck is a scare card for you on the turn. Not an enviable situation. You called hoping to hit a set and win a huge pot- It didn't happen. Now fold and be done with it. Just my two cents.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM

Assani, this is too weak tight for me man. Your described style doesn't figure to win many big pots like you say it does because everyone will pretty much know you mean business when you bet/raise/whatever and fold non monsters(ie too ABC). I pretty much agree with edge on this hand though, any decent player will push anything here knowing you don't have enough to call and it's just gonna bloat this thing up when you really don't need to. Personally, I like c/c and lead a non A/K turn. It will usually get the same result for a lot less, and I think this line makes it less likely for you to get bluffed off the pot.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your described style doesn't figure to win many big pots like you say it does because everyone will pretty much know you mean business when you bet/raise/whatever and fold non monsters(ie too ABC).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more inclined to agree with this is a live game than an online game where one rarely has time to gather much info on their ever changing opponents. As I said, I understand that most will disagree.