Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 PM

Default stomach ache

during extended sessions of sitting at the poker table without keeping good posture in mind, i often experience stomach discomfort. this is most probably because i am sitting with bad posture, hunched over for long periods of time, and my stomach is squished in an unnatural position. i try to make sure to sit up straight so it doesn't get this way but... anyone else experience this on a regular basis? once the pain sets in it takes time for it to go away, and it probably affects my play.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: stomach ache

no, this is just you getting hungary
Old 10-23-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you ate too much greece.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:45 AM

it could be anxiety as well. many people experience gastro problems when they are engaged in stressful activities. putting your money on the line might qualify for you.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you ate too much greece.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try something lighter like a Turkey sandwich.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:58 PM

thanks all. i do try to eat light things like fruit and salad while playing. and i do have a nervous stomach. i didn't consider that. i'll probably have diarrhea in my pants when i finally make the WPT final table.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:08 PM

I just don't eat enough when I am playing - I rarely drink alcohol at the table - and the adrenaline keeps me from feeling hungry and eventually I feel like sh*t. I've also learned, after many experiments, that the strawberry juluis at the Bellagio isn't really food, even though they taste great. After many, many of them (and no food) I slowly start to freeze...so now I carry a protein bar with me whenever I sit down for a session. This plus a sandwich from the coffee shop/deli usually keeps me focused.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
during extended sessions of sitting at the poker table without keeping good posture in mind, i often experience stomach discomfort. this is most probably because i am sitting with bad posture, hunched over for long periods of time, and my stomach is squished in an unnatural position. i try to make sure to sit up straight so it doesn't get this way but... anyone else experience this on a regular basis? once the pain sets in it takes time for it to go away, and it probably affects my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try taking a dump once in a while.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try taking a dump once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try that, thanks.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks all. i do try to eat light things like fruit and salad while playing. and i do have a nervous stomach. i didn't consider that. i'll probably have diarrhea in my pants when i finally make the WPT final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fruit makes you have to poop. So does salad dressing. A light sandwich like a turkey sandwich may be a better idea. Also, make sure you take dumps when needed.

If it's anxiety, try drinking a little alcohol when you play. Or you could pop some xanax and smoke some pot. Any combo of the above could be some fun as well.