Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OMFG. K-STEEL, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS FOOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, where is your precious K STEEL now? MUAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Nolanfan banned him on Sunday. It's very possible it will be a permanent ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

psssst, that was the point of my post..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, K STEEL BANNED?

F'in hell, what kind of tyrannical forum IS this?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People from other markets...Who else is rooting for the Cardinals besides Cards fans and Yankee fans?

As a Yankee hater, (as much of non-Yankee fans are) I am rooting for Houston to win the whole thing to watch Clemens and Pettite stick it to the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better for all of humanity is for the Cardinals to advance and play the White Sox, necessitating that all Cub fans kill themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure. Also, I wasn't rooting for the Cardinals until I saw Pujols in his sheer awesomeness. How can I root against someone that just keeps a straight face after stopping his team from elimination. Impossible.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 AM

I feel sick. Utterly, physically sick.

I was at the game tonight and I can't describe the feeling of joy and anticipation with two outs in the 9th, and as soon as the ball touched Pujol's bat it was like "Oh my god this can't be happening". It was the most disgusting moment i've ever witnessed in sports.

I most definitely have not lost faith in our team and I still believe we will win. However I am very worried right now. The wait until wednesday's game is going to feel like a month.

Lidge sounded positive and said all the right things in his post-game interview, but I am still very worried that this might affect him psychologically. Game winning homers in situations like this have been known to destroy closers. I believe Lidge has enough fortitude to not let this affect him, but then again, I still can't believe he got touched up like this.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 AM

WTF, man. This is the St. Louis Cardinals. They won like a million games this season and last. The Astros gritted out a 3-1 lead. They needed to win 1 of 3 w/ their top 3 guys. That's what they'll do. Wednesday is 8 innings of shutout baseball by Roy O followed by 3 Lights-out strikeouts.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:30 AM

Old 10-18-2005, 07:46 AM

MAN. The crowd after the Pujols moonshot. A bunch of "ohhs" and a smattering of "booos." Really, no one knew what the hell was going on. It was beautiful.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People from other markets...Who else is rooting for the Cardinals besides Cards fans and Yankee fans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of fans despise Roger Clemens and would like nothing more than to see him lose.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of fans despise Roger Clemens and would like nothing more than to see him lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a scumbag. [censored] clemens and his roids.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:29 AM

1 of 3, Pettitte/Oswalt/Clemens. We all thought the Pettitte game v. Carpenter was going to be the most likely loss. Obviously, it was harsh to lose that way after getting to Carpenter. But, it doesn't change anything. I've been predicting Astros in 6 all along, and that's exactly what I expect to happen.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As a Yankee hater, (as much of non-Yankee fans are) I am rooting for Houston to win the whole thing to watch Clemens and Pettite stick it to the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was rooting for Houston for the reasons stated above, but now I think I'd like St. Louis to storm back. It would be fascinating to see another group of fans (Astros fans) get a taste of the kind of pain only Red Sox fans really know. I saw the faces of the fans at Minute Maid and thought "yep, I know what that feels like."

I just read what I wrote and realized how sick it is. Posting it is obviously a cry for help.