Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-09-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Won\'t play for 3 months -- close Party accounts?

Hey. I'm studying in Australia and won't be home for just under 3 months. I intended to play here but don't have the computer/internet access to do it. I remember when trying to sign up for some affiliate deals that you could not have had an account at that party skin for at least 3 months. Well, since I won't be playing anyway, should I close all my accounts now, then create new ones in 3 months?

Pros:
1) Could re-whore signup bonuses.
2) Could sign up with rakeback affiliates (my main one was Party and it was dropped, my others either have never paid me or I didn't sign up for one at some skins in favor of other deals)
3. New screenname not in others' PT, PokerEdge, etc. (although you can change that anyway without closing account)

Negs:
1) Could get in trouble/account closed.

Thoughts? I want this forced sabbatical to be at least somewhat productive.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Won\'t play for 3 months -- close Party accounts?

i dont think that there would really be any negative downside to your plan. dont see any site not welcoming you back at a later time.

worst case scenario, i would think, would be that they have you "reopen" your old account rather than let you make a new one when you return to action. but i doubt even that.

id say that you have a pretty good idea, and that it would give you the most options when you return.

one big caveat, though.

whatever you do, dont give them a reason such as "having a gambling problem" as your reason for closing the account.

just explain, (if you are asked, and feel you have to explain) the actual situation.
that you'll be out of country for an extended period of time, (i wouldnt even be specific about the duration with them,) and for security and peace of mind reasons, you feel most comfortable doing it this way.

my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:21 AM

I think this is actually a good idea. Mainly just to get a rakeback account though.
Worst case scenerio you have to reopen an old account.

Have fun in Aus btw!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Thanks. Why would a gambling problem be a bad excuse? I've used it before with other sites, IIRC.

Hey trent, which footie player is that (I'm trying to learn the teams, although the season's almost over--go Swans!). Then again, that might be Rugby, i can't quite tell the uniforms apart...
Old 09-10-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Why would a gambling problem be a bad excuse? I've used it before with other sites, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, number one, why would you lie instead of telling them the truth, especially when you have a perfectly reasonable reason for closing your accounts?

and, secondly, iyrc, you were fortunate.

many have used this lie, (and why they would is beyond me,) only to find themselves unable to reopen accounts at a later time, due to the sites conscientiousness.

these instances have been reported here in the zoo before.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey trent, which footie player is that (I'm trying to learn the teams, although the season's almost over--go Swans!). Then again, that might be Rugby, i can't quite tell the uniforms apart...

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally have head people that try and do that and reopen are made to wait 6 months at party & skins
Old 09-10-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could get in trouble/account closed

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that pretty much all of the rakeback places state
that if you have or ever had an account play $ included then
you can't sign up for rakeback. This means your left with
the ole make up another account and hope they don't catch
me ploy!

I tried to sign up with a affiliate for Empire. They told me that I had already signed up with empire so no rakeback!
I didn't even remember joining Empire,but after looking back in my records I found that I had signed up. So if you
use your real name they will most likely not let you sign up.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My avatar is actually trent craod who is a hawthorn player.
Its AFL btw.
Im a West Coast fan all the way.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:52 PM

I closed my party account when I had to do my thesis for school because I didn't want any chance to be able to play. I told them the truth and then when I wanted to play again they jsut said to make a new account
Old 09-11-2005, 12:14 AM

you need a 6 month window to redo these things, IIRC. if you only are gone 3mo, you lose out on 3 reloads, or at least 300$ of bonus money