Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: The river bet game

Ooof, 12 pts. Perfect all around except for backing into the nuts hand, but I definately think MoH could be good in circumstances. So bonus point. So you're tied with kow and jmbills
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Hand 5: To everyone who chose B, a question

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all -

After I posted my responses I read those of others... and I'm curious which hands call the 1/2 pot bet on Hand 5 (option B) but don't call a big overbet.

1/2 pot sort of looks like value-betting the nuts.. which is exactly what it would be. I might be underestimating villain here, but I think if he's calling this much with his lower flush, he'll call more. If he hit a straight -- he doesn't call an overbet, but I doubt he calls 1/2 pot. There's also the possibility that he simply doesn't believe you, and does call with the straight/two pair/whatever.

Remember, the overbet has to be called about 1/4 as often as the half-pot bet to make it more +EV. I pull a Wayfare here.

Comments? Disagreements?

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think though that the vast majority of times, given the blind has called pf, checked flop, checked turn, called turn, then checked river, (passive line at every avenue) it's really optimistic to assume he has a big hand. (Of course, this happened to be a major fish who did have a legit hand...) I also think a sheriff-type player will always call that river bet (midpot) with ANY pair.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the fun/informative post bobo! really enjoyed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob =) We have a three way tie though for first... I'll either just send 5 bucks to all three (most likely) or have a tiebreak. im going to bed soon, but maybe i'll post some tiebreak hands for them ?
Old 03-25-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or have a tiebreak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He who can insult the other posters' mothers in the most creative way gets the money AND the respect of the board?

Eh? Eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-dB
Old 03-25-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Yo Momma

Yeah, DT, yo momma's worse at poker than she was in bed last night (burn)
Old 03-25-2005, 03:28 AM

Before I read everything else, here goes...

Hand 1: The ony 8 I can put him on is 68 or 810, although if he has either of these he is likely trying for a checkraise.

There also aren't a lot of hands there that call a bet but lose though. Does just a K call? Unless this guy is super loose, no. KJ, K10 might, that's probably it.

I'd choose B. It's far more likely he is behind, and his call on the turn is most likely a missed draw, but at least that way you don't have to show down and give away information.

Hand 2: Same as above, he probably has a missed draw, or a K looking for a cheap showdown, so I choose A and you checking let's him possibly bet his missed draw or lesser king. I can't really see him have anything but a set here that beats you.

Hand 3:

His overbet on the flop seems like either two pair or a made straight, so I would bet here and fold to a massive checkraise.

Hand 4: Tough hand. It's hard to believe an UTG player has a 2, but I can't really see him having anything else, save AT. I'd bet out half pot here, just because I can't see him playing this way with anything but a hand he'd never play UTG.

Hand 5: Again, can't see him having anything great here. Maybe spades, maybe straight draw, maybe a 7. Bet half pot, hope for a call.

Hand 6:

Between C or D. Depends on how big his raise is. Call a min-raise, fold to a huge raise. He could very well have just a decent A here.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:45 AM

Ah, I see I'm too late here. Shame.

At least I put that one guy on AT.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand number 1
A. Check - it may be a leak in my game, but i have trouble value betting one pair hands on the river when i can check and see if the pot is mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

0/0

[ QUOTE ]
Hand number 2 (another KQ)
B. Check with the intention of calling a bet - i like to induce bets

[/ QUOTE ]

doh, i didn't look at his stack size...

1/1

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 (hit my card for free)
A. Check behind - i don't know. what hand will call a bet here that we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

weak...0/1

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4
A. Check - again, what hand would call a bet that we're ahead of?

[/ QUOTE ]

grrr. the raise messed me up -2/-1

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5
C. full pot (range of 17 to 20) - hope he pushes his stack in

[/ QUOTE ]

1/0

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 6 (last one)
C. Fire a bet 6 to 10 with the intention of calling a raise - i think you're good here often enough to call a reasonable raise

[/ QUOTE ]

0/0

total - 0 points [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

oh well...
Old 03-25-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. A
2. C
3. B
4. B
5. B
6. B - and what are you doin in the pot with 74o? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 pts, nice job -

hey, curious about 6. why do you think check/calling is best?

[/ QUOTE ]

What can you beat? A weak Ace

Given his preflop limp, his flop check, and his turn call it really didn't look like he had the ace, so are you trying to get called by a King? If I have a King I find it hard to call on the river here, so IMO any river bet is a bluff/block bet

Edit: btw this is jimdmcevoy, just changed my username