Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Can I cry now?

Check behind, river a deuce.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM

Just fold preflop. 22 is really bad, it just has 50% equity against a random hand and you never know where you are in the hand. HU is about making a pair, if your opponent makes a pair you are second, otherwise you are ahead. But you don't know when he makes a pair so he has the information advantage.

A hand like Q8 or J9 is so much better than 22. It has about the same equity but plays so much easier. It really doesn't matter what hand you have if he either folds preflop or on your flop bet, but when he doesn't fold you are much better of with a hand where you have some kind of clue if you are ahead or not.

So playing 22 against an opponent who is loose and aggressive is really -EV if you ask me. The flop cap is bad for the same reason, you are just making life harder on yourself. The flop was a good flop for you, but on the turn you are in bad shape, just check and give the hand up unless you catch a miracle river.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call preflop and call down unless an AKQ hits. You're not pushing him off anything, he's a lag. Like Entity said, capping won't help you against a player that aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. that's how i play it against a LAG.

i do take a little bit of exception to the idea that a LAG will never lay-down here.
If you have been reasonably tight it's POSSIBLE.
Even when I have been pretty loosey-goosey I've had LAG's who have some crazy flop cap-anything aggression....and then they'll fold to one bet on the turn or river.

Or I go into call-down mode with something marhinal thinking I'm probably beat...and they take a shot on the turn and I call...and we check-through the river...and my A-high beats their nut-low with no draws.

So SOME LAG's will actually fold somewhere in there....even after capping pre-flop.
But that's just picking a nit.

For this hand I'm not really digging the cap pre-flop at all.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:08 AM

I'd rather fold 22 preflop here the raise a lag BB whose is going to play back at you with good/garbage hands alike.

Why not enter the pot with a lag when you're a favorite instead of a dog? I'd probably muck 22 and 33 here if the BB is this type of opponet, just too difficult to play these type of hands against a lag that will show you down.

But, im also weak tight...