Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Peel one off?

Opponent is TAG with a tendency to play too aggressively postflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero...
Old 01-10-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Peel one off?

calls
Old 01-10-2005, 07:19 AM

I think I peel one off getting 8.5:1 to the straight. I only have to make up 3 sb on two rounds of big bets to break even and if he overplay's his hand post flop that should be more than possible. The only thing I raise is a non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] jack on the turn, I will call that down though. If a non-Jack falls on the turn I am not continuing.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I peel one off getting 8.5:1 to the straight. I only have to make up 3 sb on two rounds of big bets to break even and if he overplay's his hand post flop that should be more than possible. The only thing I raise is a non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] jack on the turn, I will call that down though. If a non-Jack falls on the turn I am not continuing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you not raise the j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? If villain is a tag there really isn't a hand that he would have that would make give him a flush draw. Think of the hands a TAG would 3bet with: TT-AA AKs/o. TT-AA aren't making a flush and since the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is on the board...

You should definitely raise the turn if the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes. Even if the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] wasn't there not raising the turn HU would be incredibly weak tight just because of a third spade. You're missing even more based on Hero's read that this TAG is too agresive postflop.

-Craig
Old 01-10-2005, 09:59 AM

You're right of course, but mostly about the fact I tend to get weak/tight when not properly exposed as such on the boards. Thanks, its all good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Vern
Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM

Easy call, you will get paid nicely if you hit your straight and you have some extras:

1. An ace or even a queen may win.

2. He may give you a free card on the turn. This overaggressive player could easily have a medium pocket, AQ, or even AJ. He may get scared to bet trash into this dangerous board.

Walk away when you miss the turn.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Results

I decided to peel one off and caught a J. I c/r the turn and bet the river and was paid off by AK.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Results

what hands do you think he 3bets the turn with if you CR and what hands will he raise if you bet out ?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Default why check the flop?

I bet this flop heads up, even against a TAG, and fold to a raise. You stand an OK chance of getting QQ (6 hands) or JJ (6 hands) to lie down, you're way behind AK (12), AA (3), or KK (6). I dont think you have odds to draw, and a flop bet defines your hand quickly (unless he smooth calls you). At least by betting the flop you have a chance of winning on the spot.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: why check the flop?

If I bet and get raised, I certainly can't fold, as I now have odds to draw for the gutshot.