Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Im confused....

CO is 29.6/0.0 PreFlop and .6 Post AF over 3 orbits also he hasnt tried to steal yeat either
Button is new to table

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

i thought about just calling but i didnt want bb to get in cheap ( looks like a 2p2er over 1000+ hands) and i was looking for a cap from CO

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

nasty flop with CO's low AF and since i havent seen him try to steal i figure im behind either him or button

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls.

this is where i start to notice something off, CO was slow to bet here, almost hesitant

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, CO folds...

WTF?? i figure i was still behind button but was this played right? should i have bet out or c/r the flop? what about preflop?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Im confused....

Maybe CO had JJ or something and decided to give up on the river since Button wouldn't go away.

Or maybe he was stealing with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Three orbits isn't much.

As for the hand, I'd probably lead the flop, since it's a steal situation and no one has to have a big pair they're reluctant to let go, but I wouldn't expect it to work very often.

I think what you did was okay.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 PM

I would check raise the flop, then lead out on the turn and re-evaluate. I don't want to give a free card to the possible gutshot or flush draws. If I get raised on turn, its a very easy fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:39 PM

your mistake here was not betting out the flop.

if you they have anything that beats you, they will call or raise (except for 99-22, which will either fold or call and fold UI on the turn)
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a 2p2er over 1000+ hands) and i was looking for a cap from CO

[/ QUOTE ]

How can this be?? A TAG is not neccessarily 2+2. I see TAGs everyday, whoopee. I don't fear them like I would am experienced 2+2.

As for the hand. I bet the flop. Call a raise. c/f or b/f the turn.
If thats weird well too bad. It works in the game I play.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]