Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Empire Account Closed

Just tried logging in to Empire, got a message saying my account is now closed and that I'm unable to log in and play. Upon checking my email I see a email from alerts@empirepoker saying they found pokeredge.exe on my computer. Problem with this is that my subscription to this program expired many months ago, and that I have been playing Omaha exclusively as of late, which doesn't even work with PE.

On top of that I never received a warning email. If I had, I would have just uninstalled the software for fear of this happening.

Anyway, I sent them an email explaining myself and asking for reconsideration. More than that, I don't know what I can do.

DOes anyone have an email address of someone at Empire who actually knows what they are talking about and likely to hear me out?

Thanks,

Miah
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Empire Account Closed

How much money was in the acccount and was it confiscated?

How long ago did they send the e-mail?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:10 PM

Are you serious? After reading this I deleted PE from my HD. I used it for a grand total of 1 day.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM

Posting in a monumental thread.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Empire Account Closed - pokerprophecy

I purchased and used pokerprophecy today and just received this e-mail after logging on to empire. I have uninstalled it, but now i'm worried that they are tracking gametime+ or pokertracker. That would be disastrous...

--Empire e-mail---
We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at EmpirePoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that EmpirePoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com
Old 07-11-2005, 08:17 PM

I would say to them that it may be against their T&C to use PE with their poker software, but it can't be against T&C to have it on your computer. This of course would only work if you haven't been using PE with Empire.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? After reading this I deleted PE from my HD. I used it for a grand total of 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM

Instead of sending out all these warning e-mails why don't they just have a pop-up or send out a mass e-mail saying that the following programs are not allowed to be used on Empire.

Obviously it would enlighten many who were previously unaware to the existence of these programs...but it would sure help those who are trying to play by the rules...if only they knew what those rules were.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of sending out all these warning e-mails why don't they just have a pop-up or send out a mass e-mail saying that the following programs are not allowed to be used on Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]
They want the people who don't know such programs exist to know. Why would they?
That's why they don't announce any names of the programs in their T&Cs.
They don't want make people worry, that if they don't use these programs themselves others might have an advantage over them.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously it would enlighten many who were previously unaware to the existence of these programs..

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And if WE are debating whether or not these programs create an unfair advantage what are the unawares going to think? Alarming the masses is bad business, worse than closing a few accounts unnecessarily(or not). To Party & skins that falls under collateral damage.