Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED

Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't expect them to look here either. I was merely sharing my thoughts.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:44 AM

(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?
Old 07-20-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

What country/ geographical area are you in?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 AM

I think one (or a few) of their servers are messed up. The past couple days I am also getting disconnects on one table only (playing two). When this happens, I close the "problem" table and find another. After the switch in tables I no longer get disconnects.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:33 AM

Default PARTY\'S HEAD IN IN THE SAND ON THIS PROBLEM.

I am losing tables constantly. It is getting absurd. They keep saying it is not their problem, and probably my isp. However;
1. it is not happening to me at other poker sites.
2. from the table chat, and the postings on so many poker web sites, it is clear that thousands of people are effected all over the world.

You would this they could realize that they need to act. Absurd and amazing.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Default email to Empire and response

Sent this and then took a shower:

---------------------------
Hello:

I am sure you have been made aware of the recent disconnect problems at Party and skins but I just want to add my name to the list of complainers. Typically I will be playing 3 tables and lose the connection at only one of them. Generally half the players at that table lose their connection at the same time but the other tables are fine.

It is NOT just me and it is NOT my internet connection so don't even go there.

Here are a couple threads about the problem in the 2+2 forums. Link One Link Two

So far I have not been booted from any pots in which I had a large interest. Hopefully the problem gets resolved before I do.

Thank you for the attention.
----------------------------------

Came back from the shower and there was already a response from Empire:

------------------------------
Dear Moran,

Further to your email, for the time being we suggest you not to play on the multiple tables. Also please uninstall and reinstall the software in the C:drive.

To uninstall the software:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click on Control Panel, and then double-click on the Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select EmpirePoker, and then click on Change/Remove button to completely remove the software from your system.

To reinstall the software

1. Go to our website, click on "Click here to download and play now" to download the software.
2. Save the setup file to the desktop.
3. Double-click on the saved setup file to start the installation procedure.
4. Change the default installation directory from "C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker.com" to "C:\EmpirePoker.com".

Please note:
Before you uninstall the software make sure you save "Player Notes" onto a separate word file so that they can be retained. If you do not do so, all the notes you made through "Add Player Notes" option will get lost.

Once you have reinstalled the software again please follow the below mentioned procedure to add the Player Notes:

1) Close all the Windows.
2) Right click on the "EmpirePoker.com" icon on the desktop.
3) Click on "Properties"
4) Click on the "Find Target" button
5) Right click on the "Notes" file and click on "Copy". Close all the windows.
6) Right Click on the Desktop and click on "Paste"
7) Once EmpirePoker.com is reinstalled, restore this file in the EmpirePoker.com folder.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Vandanasingh
Poker Customer Care
---------------------------------

So that's it. Everyone just has to uninstall the software and then reinstall it. But don't forget to backup your notes. I know it's at the top of my todo list. And don't forget - C:\EmpirePoker.com - otherwise the whole process is useless. Oh, and make sure you capitalize the "P" in EmpirePoker.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM

I had no disconnects last night. The night before, for awhile I was having two tables disconnect simultaneously. This would tend to support the notion that it is a problem with one or more of their servers. Apparently I was just unlucky enough to pick two tables on the same screwed up server.

(Dons tinfoil hat) Maybe this is related to their IPO. Perhaps someone has shorted their stock and is DOSing one of their servers.(Removes tinfoil hat)

OTOH, maybe it's just Dikshit programming.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 PM

So wait, it's a software problem and NOT a server problem?

The software makes it lose a connection and close a table?

That is weird.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM

Heres the email that i got from empire. they didnt answer last night so i resent it and they got back pretty quick.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand your concern regarding the frequent disconnection at your end. Please note that
there is no technical difficulty from our end.

To explain to you in full details let us start from the basic level of how tables connect from the
Players Internet Service Provider (ISP) to our Game Servers. Every time you connect to the main
lobby it is through a network of servers on the Internet. These network connections or routes or
paths are decided by your ISP. When you connect to the tables, each table is again connected to our
Game Servers through individual sets of network connections on the Internet.
Each of these network connections has multiple intermediate servers on the network. Each of these
servers is handling not only your connection, but also various other connections on the Internet
that happen to take a route on which the server lies. This puts a lot of load on these intermediate
servers. Some of the servers can handle a lot of load and are very stable but some of them are
not. If it is a weak server, then it will randomly select a connection passing through it and
disconnect the subscriber. This is why Players face a sudden disconnection on a table even though they
are still able to browse through the Internet or even play on another table.

I fully understand that it is not a problem from your end. However, if there is a weak server on
the network connection, that your ISP has chosen to connect to our Game Servers, then it is quite
possible that you might get disconnected from a table.

I hope the above explanation was up to your satisfaction.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent
us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call
from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Anand
Poker Customer Care

doesnt really sound like they are going to fix anything. im not ok with that either. they wont get any of my business until this is fixed. disconnecting on just one table every 5 minutes is not something i want to deal with.