Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-12-2005, 12:38 PM
DMBFan23 DMBFan23 is offline
Senior Member

Location: I don\'t want a large Farva
Default Re: Empire Account Closed

No thanks, I'll pass. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but I'm sad he wrote his program, and no offense to him I hope they close accounts for its use.

EDIT: although to his credit, as far as I'm aware, it's free.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:42 PM
LowDown22 LowDown22 is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
You mean that the developers of Poker Edge have a program that they wrote and they don't know what it can do? Holy cow! That's some program.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I ever say that? I'll rephrase what I wrote since you misunderstood. The developers of PokerEdge could have been very vague when describing their product to Empire Poker. Like leaving out the whole issue of many users networked together to form a huge farmed HH DB.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Subby Subby is offline
Member

So kross and amir are douches too?

Is Pat a douche for putting gametime into PT?

Please.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM
DMBFan23 DMBFan23 is offline
Senior Member

Location: I don\'t want a large Farva

all of them wrote their stuff before it was knowledge that they were illegal

EDIT: I used GT+ myself back in the day
Old 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Subby Subby is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
all of them wrote their stuff before it was knowledge that they were illegal

EDIT: I used GT+ myself back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are taking a point which is highly debatable and passing it off as fact.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:07 PM
mb2696 mb2696 is offline
Member

How is this an empire promotion? This site is clearly an affiliate. Empire has nothing to do with this, they don't know what the affiliate is offering people to signup. And you can be sure if you emailed Empire this link, this affiliate would be in big trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
This is very odd. Empire is promoting Poker Edge with an offer of Poker Edge for 1 year free (go to PE's site) when you open an account with Empire. The code is edge4free. They offer a $25 bonus to boot! I know because I opened an Empire account, cleared the $25 bonus and got the program.

Why in hell would they promote the program, give you $25 and a years worth of service only to ban you and confiscate your account??? It makes no sense to me.

Here's the URL Poker Edge for free from Empire

Old 07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
x2ski x2ski is offline
Senior Member

Thanks. Please post the previous email that they refer to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the problems. Either they never sent it, or I never received it. I doubt the latter, as I have never had that problem before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this was the previous e-mail he received, which was the reply to the e-mail I sent to Empire asking for more specifics regarding the generic warning e-mail that I received (run-on sentence! wheee!):

Dear Frank,

EmpirePoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Our system has detected the usage of *poker-edge*. Please note that *poker-edge* falls in the above categories and usage of *poker-edge* will result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Logan Nichols
Investigations Team
alerts@EmpirePoker.com

Old 07-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Synergistic Explosions Synergistic Explosions is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
PokerEdge is now completely off of my computer. I wonder if I should send a follow-up e-mail to tell them that I complied with there request?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't lick a donut hole.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
DMBFan23 DMBFan23 is offline
Senior Member

Location: I don\'t want a large Farva

all of them wrote their stuff before it was knowledge that they were illegal

EDIT: I used GT+ myself back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are taking a point which is highly debatable and passing it off as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, I don't know why I defend these opinions - I will never convince anyone who feels differently, nor will I ever get anyone to acknowledge that I'm even attempting to base my opinion on something other than voodoo. Not posting in these threads would have been a good idea. oh well, live and learn.

more account closures pls.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Subby Subby is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
fair enough, I don't know why I defend these opinions - I will never convince anyone who feels differently, nor will I ever get anyone to acknowledge that I'm even attempting to base my opinion on something other than voodoo. Not posting in these threads would have been a good idea. oh well, live and learn. more account closures pls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey - I certainly don't have a problem with you defending your position - I even agree with you to a point. I just thought it was unfair of you to call PokerAce a douche for doing something you say is *known* to be illegal when its illegality is debatable at best.

Sooooo anyway...how 'bout those PokerEdge guys...can you believe they keep changing the .exe to avoid detection!? What a bunch of douches. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]