Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Act 3 Satellite Tourney at Foxwoods

I won the first two rounds, Act I and Act II. Yesterday was my Act III chance for the big one. About 54 people were playing, so the top 5 places win the 10k buyin for the World Poker Tour tournament in November.

I actually got there 30 minute late because of traffic and road construction (usually takes 2 hrs, but it took 3 1/2 hrs). So when I got there I was already blinded down to $2700 from $3000. Not that bad. The worst thing about it was there were already a few massive chip leaders who were steamrolling the blinds.

My first hand, I got AJo in late position. Called a $300 raise. Flop comes rags, one guy goes all-in and he has me covered. Argh, first hand? I fold.

Then I get no hands for like 35 min get blinded down to $1900, big guys are picking up blinds with $300-400 raises pre-flop.

I pick up AQo. I raise to $500, chip leader calls. Flop is 10,10,7. I go all in, then dealer tells me to take back the bet. I'm like huh? It turns out chip leader goes first (the button was in-between players and confused me). I apologize. He goes all in, and I sheepishly fold. He shows AK, and says AQ right? I'm like yeah. Whew, got lucky there.

So now I'm down to around 1400. Get blinded down to where I have 1200-1300, blinds go up to 100/200.

I find AQo again. Two limpers and the other short stack who has little more money than me raises to $600. I know he's been playing loose, so I try to pick up the pot and go
all-in. He agonizes for a minute and says "you have me, but I have to call because of pot odds." He turns over KQo.

Flop shows J76. Turn 10. No King so far. Hmmm, only an Ace or 9 will beat me now. If I win this pot I'm back in the game. River Ace.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted. 40 minutes of playing 3 hands and 6 1/2 hours of driving, the drive back was just as bad.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Act 3 Satellite Tourney at Foxwoods

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
My first hand, I got AJo in late position. Called a $300 raise. Flop comes rags, one guy goes all-in and he has me covered. Argh, first hand? I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling preflop was probably a bad idea. AJ is easily dominated. if an ace came would you have called the all in? you might have busted right there!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I pick up AQo. I raise to $500, chip leader calls. Flop is 10,10,7. I go all in, then dealer tells me to take back the bet. I'm like huh? It turns out chip leader goes first (the button was in-between players and confused me). I apologize. He goes all in, and I sheepishly fold. He shows AK, and says AQ right? I'm like yeah. Whew, got lucky there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this one was funny... if the guy "knew" you had AQ, why wouldn't he just have check-called your all in?

tough break, you got all the money in in a dominating position and lost. better luck next time. i'm gonna try to make the next act 3.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:37 PM

Yeah AJo was probably the one hand I should of played differently. I did have late position though.

I think part of the reason he knew I had AQ was because I folded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2004, 03:46 PM

The funniest line was when I folded my first hand and lost $300, the guy to the left of me said, "You played better when you weren't here."

You guys interested in my Act I or Act II stories? If there is interest I'll post them. Wondering if they are boring to people, etc.

All in all, it was one heck of a ride. For just paying $60 for Act I and then winning Act I and Act II, it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:53 PM

sure, go ahead and post the stories. i like stories [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

like i said i should be heading down soon to play in some of these, so a couple stories can't hurt.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:41 PM

I'm up for hearing your experiences in the Act I and II tourneys...heading there in a couple weeks to play in an Act I.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys interested in my Act I or Act II stories? If there is interest I'll post them. Wondering if they are boring to people, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear the stories as well. I definitely plan to try some Acts late summer/early fall.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:05 AM

I'll try and post something soon.