Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: multitabling six-max question

I 3 or 4 table 3/6. In the last couple of weeks I've decided that I really don't enjoy it at all. It's purely for income at this point.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:30 PM

Default get the monitor regardless...

even if you only 2 table, you will be glad you have the screen real estate. i typically 2 or 3 table on a 1200x1600 monitor, which allows me to keep the lobby windows open so i can keep an eye on potentially lucrative tables. this alone will pay for your new monitor in a matter of a few weeks. also, getting a good quality unit that's easy on the eyes will allow you to enjoy the game more with less fatigue. the Samsung 204T i picked up a few months ago is a top notch perform at a relatively low price point.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:36 PM

I have never played 1 table, and only played 2 tables my ever first week of playing. I lose interest and get bored so quickly. I play better doing 3+ tables because I always have something to do. I have never found it hectic or confusing at all. Maybe this is because of a slight case od ADD and years of chaotic videogames?

As to enjoynig playing, I havent since I first began. But I never find it boring or mechanical. I still feel like a complete beginner after over 100k hands total and 60k at 6 max. I still learn every session, even playing 4-6 tables. I think about every hand unless i am really tired or involved in lots of pots. I still get nervous and sweat while playing.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:50 PM

I 5-table 10/20 6-max.

More tables=more action=more gamboooooooooooooooooooool!!!!11!!1!!1=more fun
Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

8-tablign sucks and I hate it but it makes me more money. I go down and terrorize 3/6 sometimes and play some stud or omaha to break it up
Old 11-02-2005, 02:53 PM

I 3 - 6 table 6 max on stars and I've got to say that I dont find it that enjoyable. It seems to be solely about the money. I do play nl and trnys every now and again to prevent me from getting too burned out. That helps alot.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 PM

This is actually somewhat depressing. A decent percentage of those who have replied apparently don't enjoy poker when multitabling.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A decent percentage of those who have replied apparently don't enjoy poker when multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be fair, you should have asked them if they would enjoy it more, less, or the same when single-tabling. When I hate poker, I hate it regardless of the number of tables.

Just buy a pretty new monitor and tell yourself its for playing Civ 4, but it happens to have 1600x1200 as well.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually somewhat depressing. A decent percentage of those who have replied apparently don't enjoy poker when multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you'll take sollace in that fact that I'm the type of person that gets very bored easily.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:30 PM

I finally did break down and bought a new setup a few days ago, just waiting to get a [censored] deal so i can actually play on party again.

Yeah, it was dumb of me to be a multitabling pro on a 15" laptop for 8 months, but i have been cheap my whole life, and its hard to break the habit.

Besides, maybe now my winrate will skyrocket [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]