Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Importance of PTO (brag thread)

So finally got some luck to go my way on the $200 table.

Link to HH in case pic won't show.

Analysis:

I don't like calling a $60 bet pre-flop, however, my pokertracker stats on I8ASUV were: VP$P 52; $-485; W$SD 48; and TA 1.7

So, with this information, and his large stack, I figure when he makes it $64 to go, this is about stealing, and not necessarily reflective of a good hand. The remainder of the players who call the $64 ahead of me probably make this call mandatory anyway. Funny thing, after I sat down and saw I had a loose/aggressive player behind me with a HUGE stack, (at table limits I am still a little lightly bankrolled for) I almost got up to get a "better" seat-- figuring that I would get raised early off too many hands.

Anybody fold this hand if they have no information about the I8ASUV (other than his large stack-- and position which tell you that you are going to be under HUGE pressure after the flop?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Importance of PTO (brag thread)

I'd be a little concerned about getting quartered there, but I am not close to using PTO yet.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Where are you worried about being quartered, on the flop?

There is already $441 in the pot and its $121 to call-- if you get quartered you get back $140 on the $121 you have to put in to call. So, though I don't like getting quartered, calling and getting quartered is more profitable than folding there.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 AM

I guess you are right, not the greatest spot to get all-in, but it's unlikely to go broke here too (especially with counterfit protection).
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 AM

Don't get me wrong, I could easily lose $200 on this hand, no question about it. The interesting part to me was the huge raise pre-flop by I8ASUV, and the PTO read on him.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 PM

Yeah, and it's strange that i8asuv bailed on that type of flop, so it's obvious that he had neither AA or an A2 type-hand. Pocket Kings or Queens probably wouldn't fold on that type of flop either, he must have been playing some serious garbage there. Maybe he thinks 10-10-5-5 is a premium starting hand?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM

I think he was getting 5-1 to call-- with additional potential callers behind him. On that board you have to wonder what hand possibly raises and folds.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:34 PM

looks to be some serious ring-game chip dumping. maybe he really threw away AA23 double-suited to help out a friend. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 06:33 PM

I'd also call that preflop bet with your starting hand. I'd then push on a favorable flop.