Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:12 PM

Default AQ, turn flush draw, river overcall?

5/10 Eurobet
Button here is about 71/15/1 or so over not very many hands, appears fairly aggressive postflop, nothing of note.
SB is about 60/0/1 or so over also not very many hands, again nothing more to note sadly, this is about 5 orbit in or so.

4-handed, I raise UTG with AxQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Button cold calls, SB cool calls, BB calls.

4 to the flop for 8 bets.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hurray.

Checked to me, I bet, Button raises, SB calls two cold, BB calls two cold, I three-bet (?), Button caps, SB and BB call two cold again. Uh-oh.

4 to the turn for 12 BB.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check/check/check(?), bet, SB calls, BB folds, I call.

River, 3 for 15
Glorious K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I think and elect to call...

Thoughts on the turn/river, also the flop though there's no way I'm getting a better chance to protect given my position (if I bet into the Button on the turn and he raises my hand isn't best ever so it does me no good).
Old 12-12-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: AQ, turn flush draw, river overcall?

Flop is kind of scary, but I can't really think of any other line to take.

Not calling the river is bad, I think. You'll see some ugly hearts here with your opponents often enough, esp. getting 16 to 1 (even with a distinct possibility of getting 19 to 2)
Old 12-12-2005, 10:28 PM

Oh I wasn't thinking of folding. I was debating whether I should raise (and in retrospect, this isn't a hard decision at all).
Old 12-12-2005, 11:59 PM

river is fine. you have the second nut flush, but, I do think that this is a place to where going for the overcall is better then just flat out raising it. you are only gonna get three bet by the nut flush, but then we'd have to fold to a three bet if that happens. I just want a showdown here
Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 AM

Well played I think.

I like the flop 3 bet, and the turn check. After he capped the flop and somebody cold called, it's unlikely you still have the best hand on the turn. Since you have outs, you will have to call a raise, so it is a good idea to make it cheap.

River is a clear call with the 2nd nuts, going for overcalls is a good idea. If BTN has a small set or a small flush he will probably call for 1 but will likely fold for 2.