Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: New Party Poker (minus the skins)

Fck! Scratch that. NLHE: Hard. I need to find some PLO8 tables.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 AM

So far, the X-skins are awful; pots are about 70% of the size that they used to be. I think it will take at least a month for quality games to return...sigh. I hadn't been playing the other sites enough anyways.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it will take at least a month for quality games to return.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why will quality games return???
Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 AM

The skins have to do something to get business going. Time for them to aggressively campaign for NEW players. They don't seem to be packing up their tents. They still are the 3rd largest network....I expect the games to become like ultimatebet. Just guessing
Old 10-11-2005, 10:54 AM

I'm a PLO8 player that likes rakeback, and haven't followed the Party/Empire split except to notice I can't get a game anymore on Empire.

It sounds like the consensus is that the only place for consistent games at the $1-2 BB level is at Party? Is there anywhere else? Prima? Pacific? UB?

Might this be a good forum for PLO8 players who like rakeback to decide on one place to play? Hint, hint. My vote is for Empire but I'd go wherever.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:39 AM

I'd love to see play develop on the Skins network as well as on Party, because I expect quite a bit of bonus will be offered in both places. Both of my Rakeback affiliates (for Eurobet and Multi-Poker) have already stated they will be offering rakeback for party. My Eurobet affiliate has already outlined the process for getting rakeback, which involves closing your party account and openning a play money account through them and converting it. Supposedly this is all done with Party's blessing. If that is the case, I think all the Rakeback players will simply play on the Party Network. None of the other sites have sufficient players for PL08 in my opinion. Yes you can find a game, but not 24/7 at any limits you want like Party-- where you can usually multi-table any game you want. I'm still trying to work off about 1000 hands on the skins network, but it is very tough to get multi-tables going.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The skins have to do something to get business going. Time for them to aggressively campaign for NEW players. They don't seem to be packing up their tents. They still are the 3rd largest network....I expect the games to become like ultimatebet. Just guessing

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody else got a letter saying you were on the VIP club on Empire recently? It sure sounds like I got in because they noticed I took out some cash. Anyone else? Sure seems like this is the way Empire is fighting back.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Empire is fighting back by offering a 100% reload bonus today, not VIP points.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:05 PM

After monitoring the games on the skins for the past few days, I finally decided to just withdrawal.

Dangit, and I just did the whole rakeback deal and got everything set up! What a FUBAR.

I figured that I'd transfer money to Stars during their promotion, since the games seem a little better there.

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to serious, online poker. I've always been a live player, and mostly a Stud player at that, so it came as somewhat of a suprise to me that Omaha is the only game I can tolerate online, seriously. Go figure.

Anyway, I've noticed the skin PLO8 and LO8 games are pretty much dead, whilst the games at UB, Stars, PR and Paradise seem better. I have some kind of affiliate deal with Paradise, a few excellent deals with UB via PokerShare and Ultimate Buddy or something, a new one with PR and the bonus with Stars. Hopefully I'll recover some of the horrendous rake with these schemes, at any rate.

I'm kind of taking a wait and see approach right now. Since I didn't have a long, lucrative cash involvement with Party-skin rakebacks, I don't feel like I'm missing too much, but I definitely understand the pain all of you online pros are going through. FUBAR.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]