Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 10:59 PM

Default Flush draw makes two pair on the flop.

This is my very first hand on this table, so I have zero reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Great, I get 2-pair, but then I get raised and reraised on a flop with straight out there. With the 3-bet, visions of someone's made set are also dancing in my head. I have the feeling I'm behind here, but probably against by better judgment (???) I call the 3-bet and cap.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ???

Ok, I get my flush draw, but I need to coldcall two bets. Also, should I have bet out instead of checking?
Old 10-12-2004, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Flush draw makes two pair on the flop.

Well you're easily getting odds to call if you're behind, so you can't fold.

I would've capped the flop and bet out on the turn. I don't think you're behind yet. Since MP3 raised preflop, he probably is getting aggro with AK/AQ. Since you didn't cap the flop and MP2 did, my level of concern for him goes up a little bit so I would bet the turn and just call any raises.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Flush draw makes two pair on the flop.

Oh yeah, pot odds. That should've been an automatic call on the turn. With all the raising and reraising I wasn't thinking so much about the pot odds but more about whether I was ahead or not. I need to continue to consider pot odds when there's raising going on, thanks for reinforcing.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Results

Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB

MP3 [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [two pairs, aces and fives]
Hero [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [a flush, ace high]

It turns I was indeed behind in the hand, but I'm not as lucky as I thought I was since I should've been calling anyways with proper pot odds.