Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: WSOP Challenge @ The Gaming Club

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables at a time does TGC allow?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point in time the max number of tables is 5, it might however be possible to play a higher number in the future, and you guys/girls will be the first to know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT
Old 05-14-2005, 12:10 PM

each possible deal will be made individually

I can only one-table. Not entirely because I'm totally incompetent, but also because of being at the end of the telephone wires system and having only dial-up.

And as my wife is a harridan, (in the nicest possible sense, of course; I love her dearly), she allows me to play only two hours per day.

Therefore, could I have a deal where I play 5000 hands for a seat, please? As you can see, it will be an equivalent challenge to me as the big girl's one is to her.

Thanking you in advance. You are good people.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Ah! Sweet Vindication!

[ QUOTE ]
As I have stated before, sure, this was about getting to the WSOP, but, it was also about proving that poker sites would be willing to offer special bonuses or incentives to players who agree to play a high volume of hands at their sites. I proved it and now you have as well. Hopefully, this is the start towards some even bigger and better things for the high volume online player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. It is far better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I've been asked to put my hand count in my location so some of the folks around here can track how I'm doing; I'm really not trying to be a copycat just responding to some requests.

See you in Vegas. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shauna
Old 05-14-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
each possible deal will be made individually

I can only one-table. Not entirely because I'm totally incompetent, but also because of being at the end of the telephone wires system and having only dial-up.

And as my wife is a harridan, (in the nicest possible sense, of course; I love her dearly), she allows me to play only two hours per day.

Therefore, could I have a deal where I play 5000 hands for a seat, please? As you can see, it will be an equivalent challenge to me as the big girl's one is to her.

Thanking you in advance. You are good people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now Mike, NOBODY is COMPLETELY incompetent because if you were you would not be able to play, which would be a better EV than many of the players playing!

Lets see. 2 hours a day 62.5 hands per hour 125 hands per day 40 days = 5000 hands, imagine 10 cents rake in average per raked hand, 60% of the hands raked means that you will rake $300 deduct our cost of keeping the games going, promotions and financial costs, not to talk about the money I get paid for answering your query and I think we will not be talking about the WSOP Main Event, but some local cardclub Buy-in for you Mike.

However, I will by you some glasses of Guiness wherever in the world we meet next Mike [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(and include your wife in that offer.)

PS: even a onetabling player on a hand-driven 9k modem could win a seat to the WSOP Main Event, our Club1000 promotion that ends on May 15th will send 3 players to the WSOP and one of those might well be a one tabler.

Warm Regards,

ToT

PPS: You have actually given me an idea that might not bring 1 tablers like you to the WSOP, but still give you a piece of the action. If anything comes from it I will let you know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Day One: I have lunch.

I'm not going to put up a progress report every day, but thought that I’d at least do one for the first.

After sealing the deal with TGC, I went and had a nice lunch at one of my favorite hangouts, the French Quarter on Santa Monica to think about what I had gotten myself into and how I was going to climb this mountain of hands. I decided that I needed to do some preparation to ready myself for the climb.

I hadn’t mailed out my contribution for charity from last month yet, so I got that in the mail right away to enhance my karma. Every month I take 10% of my net and give it to some organization that I think really does good in the community; I think that it’s important to use your money to improve the world in some small way, to feel like you are making a little bit of a difference. And it always seems that good things happen when I do this on a regular basis.

Also, I thought that it would be nice to have a symbol for this quest so I looked around for something that would fit in my workspace and look over me. I found a very lovely blue faerie figurine, the Pisces one from the Jessica Galbreth’s zodiac fairies. She is green and blue, like the club and diamond aces of my favorite hand.

After some stretching and washing to get myself physically ready, I blessed my workspace with some oils and sage and my former roommates dream staff. It’s a Native American dream catcher mounted on a long rod with some beading and leather trim. Her tribe, the Ojibwa, hand made it for her when she found her birth mom (she was adopted at an early age) and finally came home to see her. It’s a beautiful piece, and I can feel the love and power of the native people in it. I don't know why she left it behind when she moved, but I'm happy to keep it for her if she ever decides to pick it up.

Finally, I shifted some funds around and I managed to get in some poker. About 1,500 hands worth, I didn’t want to push too hard the first day; I was experimenting with table views and so forth. I may use the mini view for at least some of the tables. I can get 4 without overlap on my new monitor, but if I go to a 5th I’ll either have to put it on the other screen, live with some overlap, or put a couple on min view to fit them. If you see me at the tables and I don’t talk to you, it’s likely that I’m not able to see your chat, don’t think that I’m ignoring you.

Time to get back to work. I’ll let you know how it’s going .

Shauna
Old 05-14-2005, 01:15 PM

not to talk about the money I get paid for answering your query

Dang.

I should have known you'd come up with a financial reason against which there is no argument.

That's why they pay you your 1% of their $390,000,000, of course.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Is this really for real? I cannot find a single post by the user GamingClubGuy.... Am I supposed to PM him or just "Gaming Club" - I can find posts by that user.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:45 PM

I'm still affected by the Norton Firewall issue so my proposal is 10 hands played by the end of the month. Personally, I think its a bigger challenge than AAmazon's!

Sheriff
Old 05-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Ah! Sweet Vindication!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not trying to be a copycat just responding to some requests.

See you in Vegas. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never think that. (copycat)
Old 05-14-2005, 03:06 PM

HB

your alive???

good to see you posting.

cubs