Waste of Time 5 2.96%
Use it a little 9 5.33%
Moderate Usage 28 16.57%
Use it a lot 59 34.91%
Couldn't do without it 68 40.24%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: PRIMA Lobby, I am giving away $50 to a poster in this thread

I like Gaming the way is, the fact that i just click on the game i want to play and the denomination i want is very simple and easy.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:52 AM

For the love of everything that is holy, make it list PL, NL and limit games separately!!

You can also make the bet limits separtely, so that everyone has 3 settings: game (Holdem, Stud, etc), type (NL, PL, Limit), and finally limits. (This is not nearly as important as the first item to me though, so I voted 2).
Old 01-27-2005, 12:05 PM

I actually have no problems with it the way it is. If I was TGC I'd put changing this way down on my priorities list. Hand histories, bonus promo updates, etc. are all more important.

However, this front could definitely use some reprogramming in terms of signing up and searching tables. I hate signing up for a 6-seater and ending up at a 10-seater (it doesn't tell you which when offering which seems an incredibly easy fix). And in general waiting list management just seems wonky in terms of bumping people off if they get a table elsewhere and such.

Fix all this before tampering with a front page that works fine for me.

The Lemon
Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 PM

Yes the lobby is not a fully-fledged little birdie just yet. Like a lot of the site really. I voted for "none of the above" because my ideal would be to combine the filter option with the following:

Split the games up by type obviously as in b) but then under Hold Em

1) Get rid of "All" to create some space - who wants to see the whole lot? If they do they can click through the different options. Keep 1on1 and Turbo why not? But for goodness' sake sort out the confusion of PL and NL games with limit ones. The simplest way to do that is to have another tab for PL/NL that's it. But then please also put the 3/6 limit and the 4/8 limit (when that's running) on the same tab as the 2/4. This is secondary though the main thing is to remove the big bet games that make a mockery of the listing. Who is really going to be weighing up a 0.5/1 NL game versus a 2/4 limit one? So why have them on the same tab?

Incidentally the same failure to distinguish between big bet and limit games affects their BRP system. Aa 0.5/1 NL game counts the same as a 0.5/1 limit game even though it is obviously a lot bigger and generates much more rake. I was driven to playing limit games to finish the BRP!

I haven't mentioned Omaha beause the smaller number of games there doesn't cause a significant problem even with the not-fully-thought-out lobby arrangement.

Good idea this post. Let's encourage them to make it more user-friendly. AFter all the mini view is great great great.

Nick
Old 01-27-2005, 12:13 PM

I picked option 2 although I do not have a The Gaming Club account (a situation that can be rectified if I receive 50 bones).
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM

I selected option 3 but option 2 would at least be better than what exists now. Either would make game selection much easier.

CRF250X
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Default How about this !!

A three tab structure:

1) Game Type (Holdem, Omaha, etc)
2) Game Structure (Limit, NL PL)
3) Stakes/Blinds (50/1.00, 1/2, etc.)

I find it awkward to have to scroll up/down to find available tables at a certain structure because they do not sort together

Also, an option to filter out full tables, only displaying available tables.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: How about this !!

I actually like it the way it is and think it's one of the better poker lobbies out there.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:18 PM

I just started playing there and don't really love the lobby. Perhaps it is because I am used to Party.

I don't really need a "my favorites" I just need a quick and esy way to get to the limit games I want. I also hate that when I click the sort button even when I was looking at the limit games it seems I have to scroll up again.

Finally, the one thing that imo really needs to be fixed is the fold call raise buttons are in a different order than pretty much every site.

I think it makes sense in that order for a couple of reasons, most importantly that actions go from weakest to strongest left to right which makes logical sense to me.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:19 PM

Checkboxes for game type (HE, Omaha, Stud)
Checkboxes for limit type (NL, PL, Fixed)
Checkboxes for game limit (1/2, 2/4, 5/10)
Radio button for min number of players.

Each of the checkboxes is a delimiter for the search (study up on your SQL COALESCE statement).