Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: My Personal OIC new thread

[ QUOTE ]
but have been taking lots of flack from my better half about losing heavily on the GM, well got a new GM a few minutes later,

[/ QUOTE ]

This should read...

but have been taking lots of flack from my better half about losing heavily on the GM, well got a new better half a few minutes later,
Old 10-01-2004, 10:46 PM

Default awful method.

Ok,

Hard to beleive that I am going to be the first one saying this.

Your method of going steps back and then forward is bad.

Any serious player that makes good money will agree with me on this. Any professional would just laugh. This is especially true when you are playing 5-10 (where the rake is high so you need to really maximize, and also where the players are usually not smart enough to notice how you play anyway).

I forget how much you started with, but if you played good poker and stopped fooling around you should be making a good 60 bucks an hour or so (I am assuming ur playing 2 tables when I make the estimate.)

Fish play bad hands, they play the good ones too. You are the fish every time you raise 68 or GM at that level.

I know that ur a serious guy, but you're completely delusional about this whole method.

Play good poker.

Don't be a fish.

Out of curiosity, do you think your method would work in a tough game?

-E
Old 10-02-2004, 02:22 AM

Default Re: awful method.

I agree you're fooling yourself if you think the fish actually watch what you play and adjust accordingly to the point that play negative EV hands increases your EV+ enough to compensate.

I've played with you ~300 hands and in that time you limped UTG with K6s and T8s these are not profitable hands from UTG and especially in pots which are often raised PF....or limping in after limpers with Q7o on the button.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree you're fooling yourself if you think the fish actually watch what you play and adjust accordingly to the point that play negative EV hands increases your EV+ enough to compensate.

I've played with you ~300 hands and in that time you limped UTG with K6s and T8s these are not profitable hands from UTG and especially in pots which are often raised PF....or limping in after limpers with Q7o on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fish might or might not pay attention, but I am gaining something from the -EV hands, as I give bad beats to some of the 'tighter' players and I have tilted many a player, making table better and my own winrate higher.

I looked in my PT and didn't find any hand where I limped in with Q7o from the button, I have however lost about 10% of the hands I have played duw to problems with my email account.

I have also had a couple days where I admittingly have played bad poker, slightly on tilt, and also to tired to be anything but a buttonclicker, but I think it is healthy to play some hands that aren't predicatable at all, for advertising and to make others not know where your next punch will come from.

I will probably never get the 'Tight play by the book Army'out there to get this point, but that is not my intention either.

ToT
Old 10-02-2004, 07:40 AM

Yes I know I am the fish when I bet the GM blindly the whole way, it is not a coincidence that it is the hand I have lost the most on.

However I like my playing style, it makes the wait list on my table longer than anywhere else.
If I was playing 'correct' poker the whole way, my tables would be breaking up instead.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, do you think your method would work in a tough game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why possibly would I want to play in a tough game? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ToT

PS: congrats on your recent success.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:51 PM

Sorry what is GM?
Old 10-05-2004, 05:25 PM

see reply to this question in this thread