Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 04:42 AM

Default My Personal OIC new thread

Former OIC thread

Yesterday I finished my $120 bonus, which is non OIC money, I coincidently lost $130 after a downswing of 400 in half an hour or so, but more importantly because I cut off a GM after capping the flop with it. and I would have won a $200 pot on runner runner str8.
I have no excuses, but have been taking lots of flack from my better half about losing heavily on the GM, well got a new GM a few minutes later, and won it playing it correctly.

I am currently at + $1947 and rolling on.
My St D is $174 an hour, I believe that is quite high, anyone want to share their St D at $5-$10?

ToT
Old 09-29-2004, 05:00 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: My Personal OIC new thread

your SD is normal if you're playing on Party (I read your first post but I forgot where you play)
Old 09-29-2004, 05:25 AM

I played this at Stars, I rarely play anything but SnG's at Party due to their higher rake.

I have played quite a bit short handed too, I have played about 500 hands H/U and am up a little more than $1 per hand.

ToT
Old 09-29-2004, 03:45 PM

I had a player at Stars today tell me that I am a 'GENIUS' a little later he told me that my name 'TuristOnTilt' says it all, then he started to go over and over about how I raised with 6,8, (I got 6,8o next hand too and capped it preflop from SB, and lost a bit, so did the complainer).

Then he is going broke, but is telling me how much I have lost, he says 500 500 500, and I tell him that didn't hurt me at all, at which point he joyfully tell all that he has just lost $200, which is basically his last words before leaving broke, he must have been laughing all the way to the bank, that was Hilarious.

Now I was never down $500, I was adding to my stack over and over, so the poor guy couldn't count it straight.

Ended the day at a total of +2184 winning 237 for the day.

ToT
Old 09-30-2004, 08:17 AM

Nice going. You must be on a different new level playing so much trash, so hard, and winning. I guess I need to learn a few more things...
Old 09-30-2004, 08:58 AM

Thanks Bau

I like to call my playing style 'going 2 steps back to go 4 forward' whilst the regular tight winniing player is just going forward 1 step at the time.

I find my style much more enjoyable, and fun to play than just grinding grinding grinding.

It is however requireing a higher bankroll due to the higher variance.

It is basically thinking a little outside the box.

What I am doing is basically playing lots of 0EV hands and also some slightly negative EV hands, but I do get that and more back when I have good hands due to the difficulty others have to put me on a hand.

In the 'old' days I used to be known as the capper with 23o on planet, lot's of regulars in those games, and my image didn't hurt me at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To play my style to the fullest, you need to be aware of the style of the players you play, then you can make the Max EV, if you do not, the road to ruin is relatively short, this is why I do quite better max 2 tabling than multi tabling.

ToT
Old 09-30-2004, 05:16 PM

+218 currently at +2402

Went down 200 from the start, worked my way up to +400 but down 200 last half hour.

I still get told that I must be VERY lucky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT
Old 10-01-2004, 02:04 PM

+466 today 2868 overall, STD at $172.
12k hands, will have to calculate soon when it is time for me to move up. (Maybe as I haven't taken a close look at it yet.

I played a bit of H/U again, and apart from someone taking 92 of the $100 dollars I came with in 4 hands, it went well lol.

Some 2+2 lurker was by one of my tables when I was waiting for a game asking if noone dared to play me HU. Don't know who it was, but the alias started with V lol.

ToT
Old 10-01-2004, 02:11 PM

2868 overall

how much elapsed time?

if you had not played any GM's, this figure would be much higher. that's a nice profit for the short time you have been at this.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:38 PM

What's a GM?