<19 2 10.00%
19 1 5.00%
20 5 25.00%
21 2 10.00%
>21 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: For Pro-Choice

I say none of us can really answer this question unless we know the argument. I think the question was well intentioned, but without a specifc argument to look at its asking the wrong question.

For my 2 cents im curious to hear what exactly is a well constructed CONSTITUTIONAL argument against abortion. There are many religious and moral reasons, but dont't conservatives take a strict view of the constituiton? If we can regulate abortions, what is to stop us from prohibiting interacial marriages, sex changes, or other such matters? It is dangerous precedent to decide that the state should have an intimate involvment in personal matters of sex, reproduction etc.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:56 PM

The simplest arguement to adopt is that there is insufficient legal evidence to determine if the child is alive or not. Or something in between. Roe v Wade never dealt with the issue of when life begins, and thus it has never resolved the debate.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 PM

thats because there is nothing in the constitution addressing this issue. According to conservative philosphy, we shouldn't be allowed to make this kind of stuff up... and its the conservatives comlaining about liberals legislating from the bench :&lt;

When life begins is a personal/religious choice... thats why in the abcence of anything to the contrary in the constitution the state should give free reign when it comes to personal rights and liberties. I personally believe that the government should be involved in people's lives to help them, but when it comes to CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS the government must stay hands off unless specifically allowed.