Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: WSOP Challenge @ The Gaming Club

Nice going Shauna! Keep it up.

In any case, this is an announcement to let you know that we will not be accepting new entries/enquiries to participate in the challenge as of now.

For those of you that contacted us before the time of this post or have corresponded with us over the last few days, we will still entertain negotiations and your questions on this deal so you're still welcome to contact us.

Thanks all, & best of luck.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:32 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm in the race. Already behind the curve at 1977 hands (started late yesterday afternoon). Not too worried about it at this point. Going to put in some big chunks of hours over the next several days.

I have a question: Can anyone recommend a good book for NL ring play? Outside of some NL tourneys I play for fun, I play only limit HE.

It's possible I'm going to need to pick up some NL tables because I can't get 5 tables of fixed limit between 3/6 and 5/10 all the time.

I heard that Ed Miller's new book, "Getting Started in Hold'em" has a good primer on NL ring play. Anyone recommend that? Also, can anyone point me to some "favorite" threads in the small stakes NL/PL forum?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Day One: I have lunch.

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn’t mailed out my contribution for charity from last month yet, so I got that in the mail right away to enhance my karma. Every month I take 10% of my net and give it to some organization that I think really does good in the community; I think that it’s important to use your money to improve the world in some small way, to feel like you are making a little bit of a difference. And it always seems that good things happen when I do this on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very very cool. Best of luck to you in the challenge...and at the WSoP...you have a new fan!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 AM

I am in too. When I took the challenge, I thought I would be able to 8-table. No such luck ... 5 tables is max. That's fine. More realistically for myself, the 100,000+ 15K rake will be obtained before 120,000 hands. This will be tough, but I have from June 15 to June 30 to play 12+ hours a day.

I took a big hit last night. (Two bad plays.. **cough** .. bad beats in NL). So I will only play limit games from now on.

You can follow my blog, see my profile.

I would really like to know who is in this TGC thing (basically you screen names). I know that myself, VinnyTheFish and AAmazOn (it’s an capital O not a zero on TGC) are playing. Please PM or post it here, if you wish to make it known.

Last night, I took bad beat after bad beat. River beats ... runner-runner beats. I do blame a lot of it my play. I have become more of a calling station when playing 4 or 5 tables. My VPIP is 21 and my PFR is 7% over the 2500 hands.

This is a very tough task for anyone that has taken it. The lowest limit game playable is 3/6. I am quite fine with that, but these games are hard come by. At times, I have to sit at an open 3/6 and wait for players. For over an hour last night, I only 2 tabled. This really cost me 200-300 hands.

The games move very fast and they even have speed games, but the speed games are at 3/6 have been empty.

I love how TGC uses a sort radio button that shows only a certain range of limits, i.e. $2-$5 etc. That makes my life easy while I wait for tables to open. I love the tiny tables, although my tired eyes did not see my type 188 instead of 18, costing me $200! (my mistake)

I am sad that with all the hands, I should be able to play in every free roll offered, but any wasted moment when 5 tabling here can be costly. I mean 5 tabling at Crypto is like the auto-walkway in an airport compared to the rocket games at TGC.

For anyone who thinks rake back is an option here, sorry. Basically any rake we pay goes 100% to the prize. Anything over the cost of the prize (which I believe is seat, room and airfare) then is available for affiliate profit. So you’re thinking after all this, only about $3000 can be eligible for rake back.

Wow – that’s enough.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a very tough task for anyone that has taken it. The lowest limit game playable is 3/6. I am quite fine with that, but these games are hard come by. At times, I have to sit at an open 3/6 and wait for players. For over an hour last night, I only 2 tabled. This really cost me 200-300 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to make it clear. There are a lot of NL tables. This is a great place for 6-max NL. As for me, playing in this challenge and playing NL do not mix.

Also, there are many limit tables, but at the time I wished to play, there were not that many to choose from or get into. Where as, Monday, there were a handful open. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 03:55 PM

whew, vinny. You been taking posting lessons from microbob or something?

gl anyway. I'm sure it'll be a breeze by the end, seeing AamazOn already a good chunk of the way there.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Ed Miller's new book, "Getting Started in Hold'em" has a good primer on NL ring play. Anyone recommend that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does and I will. It's one of the few NL treatments I've seen (although I haven't seen that much) and his look at how stack size should affect your play is a good read.