Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Do I bluff here?

10/20, Party Poker

Hero has been generally tight, but has showed down a bluff within last half hour. Villain is a solid player, has shown no tendency to call down without at least a pair.

Hero in cut off with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises. Villain on Button calls.

Flop:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, button checks

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, button calls

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Do I bluff here?

I'd let the hand go at this point. He's called the large turn bet and you've shown weakness.

What was the thinking behind the flop check? We're you thinking check-raise to bring down the pot or check-fold the turn.

I'd check the river. Dont bet, if you're ahead he'll check and you'll win. If he bets you can pull a Bluff CR, if you think he's good enough to fold.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM

I'd check/fold here. It's hard to put a solid player on a hand you beat, cut your losses.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 PM

No continuation bet with overs on the flop?

What hand can he possibly think you have that would check that flop, then bet the turn? The turn improves NOTHING that you can have.

If you bet that flop and keep the lead, you dont find yourself in crappy situations on the turn like you did. But, seeing as how you are at the end of the road, its time to check/fold, although he'll probably check behind you, and scoopit with something better than K high.

Nick
Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 PM

Just as a checkup:
I would bet the flop and turn here, but if the villain still hanging around at the river, I would check/fold.
Agreed?
ty,
f
Old 12-09-2005, 03:25 PM

I wanted to actually check/raise the flop depending on his action, as he tended to have an internet tell - he's take longer when he didn't have something then when he did. bet out on the turn because I thought I had at least one over and the flush draw, plus the potential for a turn fold from a solid player. He tended to fold most of his non-pair hands, plus I had the draw.

I wound up checking the river. He checked back and showed AQo. I think that if I bet the flop, I may have won it on the turn. My turn bet was a little to conspicuous. In retrospect, I probably should have bet the flop.

Argun
Old 12-10-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to actually check/raise the flop depending on his action, as he tended to have an internet tell - he's take longer when he didn't have something then when he did. bet out on the turn because I thought I had at least one over and the flush draw, plus the potential for a turn fold from a solid player. He tended to fold most of his non-pair hands, plus I had the draw.

I wound up checking the river. He checked back and showed AQo. I think that if I bet the flop, I may have won it on the turn. My turn bet was a little to conspicuous. In retrospect, I probably should have bet the flop.

Argun

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to get looked up by AQo alot on that board.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:26 AM

oddly played hand. I check/call the river btw.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oddly played hand. I check/call the river btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

With K high? Explain please.

Nick
Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Argun

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a hand you were destined to lose no matter what. The way the villian played the hand it looked like he was in call down mode.

Normally I think you have to bet the flop, but if villian often smooth calls with premium hands, then maybe you have to play cautiously against him, at least when you are raising a light.