Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default The Power of Laying Down - Stars $10+$1R-->$500kG Turbo Sat.

Late in the tourney, 2 from bubble. 17 paid a seat, 18th gets the boobie prize cash.

Bought in once, never rebought, never added on.
Stayed almost exactly at 'average' throughout the tourney. I'm not sure if this is useful strategy or not. (Comments from the rebuy Gurus?)

I won exactly 13 of 15 hands to get the chair. I guess it was the right 13 hands.

Blinds just went to 3k/6k ante 300 (somethin like that)

Holding a stack of about 5BBs. I was 14th in chips. Blinds have just passed me.

Preflop, I laid down 88, 55, TT, and AQs. All to open raises. I was positive (watching the other tables) that I would coast in without any further action on my part and it wasn't worth the risk.

Once, and only once on the last hand before it was done did I have to stall. I only stalled while watching a hand where 19th and 18th were BB and SB all in against a mongo-stack.

The whole time I'm thinking "wow...if I just pay attention to where I'm at, I can NOT play and get paid a seat."

I did just that, and it worked. Amazing how paying attention to what is necessary at that level can be rewarding. If I was any shorter and the blinds were coming, I think I would have had to get moving, but my position worked out well.

TY 2+2.

Now if I can just beat that 3400+ field on Sunday....
Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: The Power of Laying Down - Stars $10+$1R-->$500kG Turbo Sat.

I think you should have raised JJ UTG [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding!