Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 180SnG, TPTK Facing Bet On Flop

Push.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:20 PM

Raise to 500, call any push. Push on the turn if he just calls your raise.

You are way ahead most of the time. Most likely his bet is a probe bet. He wants to see if you really have an ace or maybe he has a weaker ace. 80% of the time, I reraise. 20% of the time I will just flat call here and then push on the turn when he bets again. Yes it is risky, but early in these tourneys (Stars 180s) it can be a good way to pick up chips. By calling the flop, pushing the turn, you deny him the info he wanted with the probe bet, and you pot commit him and handcuff him to a weaker hand. Again, not my typical play, but I do it against guys like this if I percieve him as loose.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't argue with your logic, but on the flip side, if you can't fold TPTK early in a tournament you're going to be busting out quite a bit in the first few levels.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

that's true, but you're also going to double up a lot.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:34 PM

I would re-raise and be fine with getting it all in vs. the small blind, if MP2 wants to push I'm more likely to give him credit and toss it.

Does anyone like just limping along pre-flop? I don't like raising here because of the large range of hands that come back and call. Now I feel married to my AK when an A hits. If I limped and things get harry I can get out without too much harm.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM

This is a clear raise situation. Hard to win these things playing scared early and someone has to pick up the dead money so it mine as well be you. I would raise 100% of the time and from the size of MP2 stack size it doesn't appear he's playing very solid.

John
Old 12-06-2005, 06:59 PM

Looks like a standard probe bet from MP2. Probably a weak ace, but maybe a ten. If he flopped 2 pair or a set I would think he would most likely go for the check raise here as he would most likely expect you to make a continuation bet. I would raise here and solidly define your hand strength in relation to the others. I would raise somewhere from 600-800, and see if anyone plays with you. Let MP2 know he will have to commit all of his chips to see another card.