Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Default One of those no mans land hands against a LAG

Ive been trying to post hands that are not standard for the most part and hands that you run across everyday but were afraid to ask.

Villain in this hand is a tard, I mean a stone cold tard and he has a stack of around 2500. There is also 2 calling stations on my right and maniac is on the other side of the so I have the catbird seat at this table with a waitlist of better than 20.

Villain open raises (He's 53/35/2.5) He open raised 63s in EP and showed down a flopped two pair, hes aggro postflop and preflop, with draws, made hands, pairs, etc. Bluffs alot. He's just erratic. He's also been catching cards.

Button is the epitome of a calling station, and on cue cold calls the raise.

I'm in the Sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and call the raise. Bb folds. We go flopping.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, LAG bets, button calls, I check raise, both call.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Seems like a good card to bet out on with my middle pair and nutflush draw, so I bet, LAG raises, button folds. Well, thanks for clearing out the button.

Now, He could have a 5, he could be representing a 5, could have 2 big cards, could have a 7, could have a 6 wit lesser kicker, could have just paired his 4. I mean he could have alot of hands that beat me, and could have a lot of hands I bet right?

I call.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, call. Bleh.

Comments? Mostly on the turn because I feel the preflop and flop are seriously standard.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: One of those no mans land hands against a LAG

You have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] both in your hand and on a flop. Did you have a flush draw on the turn or not?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:57 AM

Post edited, I indeed turned the nut flush draw with middle pair, best kicker.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Comments? Mostly on the turn because I feel the preflop and flop are seriously standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how turn can be played differently. I think river call is the only tough choice but the way you described it it's somethign you must do.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 AM

Bet the flop.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:20 AM

I normally don't do it, but this is a real good spot to semibluff 3-bet.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been trying to post hands that are not standard for the most part and hands that you run across everyday but were afraid to ask.

Villain in this hand is a tard, I mean a stone cold tard and he has a stack of around 2500. There is also 2 calling stations on my right and maniac is on the other side of the so I have the catbird seat at this table with a waitlist of better than 20.

Villain open raises (He's 53/35/2.5) He open raised 63s in EP and showed down a flopped two pair, hes aggro postflop and preflop, with draws, made hands, pairs, etc. Bluffs alot. He's just erratic. He's also been catching cards.

Button is the epitome of a calling station, and on cue cold calls the raise.

I'm in the Sb with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and call the raise. Bb folds. We go flopping.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, LAG bets, button calls, I check raise, both call.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Seems like a good card to bet out on with my middle pair and nutflush draw, so I bet, LAG raises, button folds. Well, thanks for clearing out the button.

Now, He could have a 5, he could be representing a 5, could have 2 big cards, could have a 7, could have a 6 wit lesser kicker, could have just paired his 4. I mean he could have alot of hands that beat me, and could have a lot of hands I bet right?

I call.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, call. Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the flop check raise, becuase your hand is vulnerable and you want to force people out, not build a pot. I would bet the flop, knowing that the LAG will raise, hopefully forcing out the third guy.

As for the turn, I like the bet, but I don't agree with the suggestion that you three bet. The LAG will not fold any hand that beats you.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally don't do it, but this is a real good spot to semibluff 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of position Clark? I mean, against a LAG? I hadnt seen him make any miraculous laydowns so is a semibluff feasible, shouldn't it have SOME fold equity?

I would like it better if he checkraised me and I three bet semi bluff in position. (or for free SD if I dont improve.)
Old 08-11-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop check raise, becuase your hand is vulnerable and you want to force people out, not build a pot. I would bet the flop, knowing that the LAG will raise, hopefully forcing out the third guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

button was one of those typical weak calling stations that will call the flop looking to (sometimes hopelessly) improve on the turn. There was no guarantee the Lag would raise if I bet, though he would be just as likely to three bet my checkraise if he were going to raise the flop and I get a bet out of the button and still force him to call 2 cold. That was the plan anyway. Turn worked out okay as well though, no way I can fold that turn, and betting just seemed right on the turn.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:56 PM

I like it. A turn cap would make me less than happy, and you KNOW you can c/r the river if you get there.