Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Empire v. Party

For some unknown reason, I have not had a single problem with Party, but this disconnect problem happens repeatedly to me on Empire.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED

You can always do a "traceroute" on your connection to determine which server in the chain may be causing a problem.

Help - Network Status - Trace (from within the Party software)
Old 07-20-2005, 03:41 PM

You would think if a server was having problems, Party would look into it and press the issue to get it resolved rather than say it's not their problem and ignore it. This is the type of thing that WILL cause them to lose business. No site is as large as theirs is but there are a couple that are approaching the numbers they were at early last year and would be just fine for most players if they were to move sites.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think if a server was having problems, Party would look into it and press the issue to get it resolved rather than say it's not their problem and ignore it. This is the type of thing that WILL cause them to lose business. No site is as large as theirs is but there are a couple that are approaching the numbers they were at early last year and would be just fine for most players if they were to move sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe this will finally be the catalyst to move the fish off of party and onto better sites that actually care about things like customer service.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:57 PM

Yes. I'm just saying Party isn't nearly as far ashead of the rest as they once were. It wasn't long ago we were all amazed that 30,000 people were playing at peak times and trying to guess when they would reach 50,000. Other sites are there now.

Let's just say Party is telling the truth and it isn't a problem on their end (hey, it's possible). It's a problem along the route. For them to ignore THAT problem and not press that particular place to fix the problem is also wrong.

I played a multiplayer game called T4C for five years. The same thing happened. We reported time-out issues and they insisted nothing was wrong on their end. They did however find that it was a problem along the route and contacted them to put pressure on them to get their act together. They also contacted us as users and told us what the problem was, rather than deny a problem existed. That is all I am saying Party needs to do if in fact this is what is going on.

We were all happy playing at Party when there were 30,000 people playing each night. There are others that now provide this. Making a switch is much easier to do now that it was 18 months ago. Party no longer has the stronghold it once had and better realize it.

That's probably a better way of saying what I tried to say earlier.

$0.02
Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 PM

it this was a problem w/ my ISP, then why are 5-6 people on these tables that are giving me problems getting disconnected? party sucks, but i must stay for my rakeback/fish/HuD
Old 07-20-2005, 04:44 PM

Party has no control over the internet backbone over which traffic flows.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM

in my experience with 6max tables, it happens to every single person on the table. yet my other tables at the same time are working without any issue. so i doubt it is the internet if it affects 6/6 ppl on the table.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party has no control over the internet backbone over which traffic flows.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, but I don't buy that it's just a "weak" server somewhere along the route. Why are people from geographically disparate locations seeing the problem? Why does the problem happen consistently on certain tables while others are fine? Why when I am finally reconnected is half the table sitting out?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Damn. I was going to play off my last 500 hands needed for bonus at Empire and I can't do it. No matter how many different tables I change to after having problems at an earlier one, they all seem to disconnect frequently. If I do enter a pot theres a 50/50 chance I will not be around to finish it.

It's just not playable right now. Even in the MTT's I've been playing on Party, same problem at times.

Hopefully I can clear this bonus down the road if they fix their problems. I hope.

My 'network status' has always been between 96%-100%.